I am unable to get back into my Steam account

B

bobisr23

Here is my story. I am hoping someone can advise me as to the fastest and easiest way to get things going again.
I own 3 different Half Life games. I have played them all and enjoy the games. I do not like the Steam approach to game management and since I only play as a single player with no network involvement, that I know of I uninstalled my games after playing them for awhile. Now, months later I would like to re-install one of them and start playing again. This seems like a reasonable thing to me to do since I paid a lot of money for them originally.
When I started the install procedure from the original CD or DVD I was brought to a Steam login screen that wanted my log on name and password or something similar. I tried to check my notes for the most recent passworkd and continually was told to try again as either the Log on name or password were incorrect. So I decided to request the password from Steam. Since I knew my logon name I figured that would get me what I needed. This process brought me an email that is confusing and frustrating to me. It gave me a verification number to use but asks for a passphrase that they supposedly gave me. It asks for the "Most recent passphrase given to me by Steam..." or something similar to that. Since I do not know that or what it is referring to and it is also required to get help I feel locked out. I have sent an email to Steam but have not gotten any response, however I have received about 7 automated emails with the same verification code number. That, without the passphrase seems useless.
I would appreciate any help that can get me back on track since Steam is not responding. Thanks

When e-mailing Steam about it, do NOT update your ticket as this means you will be sent to the back of the queue again.

Thats the only thing I advise as I have never herd of a passphrase.

You don't need to do the installation procedure using the CD- As long as you can get into your account, you can install it without CD's over steam.
But anyway, PM me the email (Important, personal passwords and whatnot bleeped out.) And I'll see what the problem is.

Will do

I have sent you a private email with a copy of the email I receive from Steam. I cannot get into my account at this point.

umm to get your password usually you have to answer your secret question. after it is answered then your password or a temporary password will be emailed to you. is this what you are refferring to when you say "passphrase". i doubt they will reset it unless you have proof you own the games or in other words the cd keys.

Back