I dont get it, am I the only one thinking cs:s's recoil sucks?

M

menoss

Even hl2.net review there's nothing mentioned about the recoil and weapon behaviors.
NOTHING
and no1 complained about it in these forums either
Is it just me ?
wtf happend to cs? run and shoot!

how exactly does it suck.
Can you be more specific?

Because it's finally back to the good old beta days, no more of the bloody 1.3 1.5 1.6 recoil

yeah I agree it does suck, but its not meant to be realistic (I dont think) anyway.

Im used to TS style recoil, where the recoil of each shot has accuracy and kicks your mouse up.
*loves his single desert eagle loadout for TS*

I know what your talking about, but it doesnt bother me too much, if any at all.. just a little anoyying when you shoot one shot and you dont have any more real accuracy for a second... (thats what it seems like for me). but its just made me better at headshots :E

i like it more then the recoil @ 1.6... 1.6 realy sucks css is much better this way :D

so you finally notice?:p im the biggest noob arround and im PROUD of it :D

menoss said:
omg youre so newbies :/
yeah considering I never played cs.
that statement would be true... you are master of the obvious... congrats?

I've seen many people on servers moaning but not so many on the forums.

I've noticed it too...

recoil should either be more accurately reflected by reticule growth or it should be simulated only with real kickback - that way it's u'r own skill that gets u lined up for the next shot quickest

They said they went and tested all of the guns for recoil and sound. That makes it realistic, except for the fact that they're game developers, not terrorists or counter terrorists.

SystemShock2 said:
They said they went and tested all of the guns for recoil and sound. That makes it realistic, except for the fact that they're game developers, not terrorists or counter terrorists.

why the hell would they want to make it realistic.

I thought Cliffe mentioned that Para was the only gun they touched. The recoil of the weapons in CS:S is identical to the one in 1.6. CS Nation even conducted recoil testing and found out that things work exactly the same. If I remember correctly it was the beta they were using though, but still I have hard time believing that Valve would suddenly change the weapon recoil from the beta to the version we have now.

to ME it feels like the gun barely recoils at all. Its also harder for me to control my spray cause I cant see where the bullets are going.

snak3y3z1001 said:
to ME it feels like the gun barely recoils at all. Its also harder for me to control my spray cause I cant see where the bullets are going.

The decals weren't always that accurate way of knowing where you were actually shooting. Here's an extremely well written and interesting (and long) article for people who want to learn about the inner workings of Counter-Strike. It is incredibly detailed and explains many of the things you have always wanted to know about the game. For example, you will find out that the chicken model in Italy actually has 9 hitboxes! Granted, it's from 1.3 so it is a bit old. But much of it hasn't really changed much and still applies, for CS 1.6 in particular.

http://www.summerblue.net/games/cs_report/

Enjoy!

UKchaos2 said:
Anyone mind describing the recoil changes (from 1.6 to source) for those of us yet to play cs:s?

You should check out the url that dalamari posted a few posts earlier.

Anyone mind describing the recoil changes (from 1.6 to source) for those of us yet to play cs:s?

Back