iCEnhancer mod GTA IV

Looks very nice.

Shadows detract from realism though, due to the sharpness of them!:p

I'd like to see them improve the NPCs too. They still look the same. Also would like to see some footage during gunfights w/explosions etc.

My word...incredible. Says it's not out yet but very soon, can't wait!

Beautiful, too bad my computer couldn't run it, as it had trouble running GTA 4 vanilla at times :p Very demanding game on the PC.

Appears that it works on an earlier version of GTA 4 and it's not out yet. He said it:
It works perfectly on 1.0.4.0 GTA 4 PATCH
It works horribly on 1.0.6.0/1.0.7.0 PATCH
EZJHI.jpg

H9a6R.jpg

jbzcZ.jpg

Czcxv.jpg

U2ZAt.jpg

S0NEH.jpg

0hbg5.jpg

Might be buying this, just for the Mod D:

Not sure if it's even possible to use an old version of GTAIV when you have the Steam copy... shame.

Not sure if it's even possible to use an old version of GTAIV when you have the Steam copy... shame.

That's what I was thinking. I reinstalled GTA4 in hopes of using this mod, but then I read that you can't use the new version. :(

Holy crap, those look extremely real. Had to look at those a few more times. Too bad I have the Xbox version...

I'd buy the game even without the mod. GTA 4 is one of my all time fav's. The person making the mod is currently finding a way to make it compatible for the latest patch. The current one would probably melt your video card even if you had the newest video card on the market. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhGYGvhhU60 Regardless GTA 4 is a very modable game with many mods to choose from here: http://www.gtagaming.com/downloads#gta-iv GTA 4: Complete Edition is for $27 on the Steam sale (Ballad of Gay Tony and the Hells Angels one was great) or GTA 4 is only $14.

Does anyone know what kinda DRM the retail version of GTA IV: Complete Edition has?

Here in Sweden it is cheaper retail than on Steam so!

Edit: Urgh, Securom :[ Even on Steam!

Does anyone know what kinda DRM the retail version of GTA IV: Complete Edition has?

Here in Sweden it is cheaper retail than on Steam so!

Edit: Urgh, Securom :[ Even on Steam!
Oh man, GTAIV is just about the most irritating product ever in this regard. In addition to Securom and Steam, it also has Rockstar Games Social club which must be installed and running in order to play multiplayer, AND games for windows live as well. It's just a cluster****.

All of GTA4 is on sale today for $10 on Steam! Everyone purchase it now!

Is there any chance of this working on GTA4 on Steam in the future? May install just for the possibility.

Is there any chance of this working on GTA4 on Steam in the future? May install just for the possibility.

Apparently, he's working on the Steam version as we speak.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29105160&postcount=826

Each new patch from R* for GTAIV changes the shaders so it ****s up all the previous versions of the mod making them start from scratch. Them being Boris who made the ENB mod (this mode is just a tweaked version of his it seems).
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29109832&postcount=874

Just keep an eye on that neogaf thread. It's always being updated.

GTA V needs to be PC exclusive with graphics like these. NOM

I hope it is multiplatform, let's remember, GTA 1, 2, 3 and 4 have all been released on multiple platforms.

For example, I played GTA2 on the Dreamcast.:D

Anyway, what do you guys think, should I go for the Steam version of GTA IV Complete, or the retail one?

What would you do personally, especially considering this mod?

Well its on offer today -75% on steam, I guess the only real issue is forced patching, but I wouldn't expect any more patches for the game myself, there hasn't been one for over a year.

EDIT - On a side note I really wish GFWL would #### off and die already.. oh wait its intergrated into Windows 8, what a wonderful pile of #### that will be, I really wouldn't put it past MS to make it as disruptive as humanly possible to every other download service come release.

Oh man, GTAIV is just about the most irritating product ever in this regard. In addition to Securom and Steam, it also has Rockstar Games Social club which must be installed and running in order to play multiplayer, AND games for windows live as well. It's just a cluster****.
Although the social club does still exist, Rockstar shipped a patch about 2 years ago'ish which integrated the social club into the game rather than the separate program which used to run in the background. Still a couple hoops to jump through but it made it less of a headache.

Hmm, I really want to try out this mod, but I have a feeling it will make my laptop cry (4 GB RAM, 260M GTX, T990). Also that the demo videos look like they use a bunch of other mods that could be a hassle to install.

Anyone try this mod yet, and what sort of performance do you get? Do you need a ton of other mods to get it to look like the videos?

FACT: This actually began as a mod that re-skins everyone with Mr. Cool ICE tattoos.

Back