Indy's Back - May 2008

Harryz

Tank
Reaction score
Director George Lucas says the fourth instalment in the Indiana Jones film series will start next year.

Lucas said he and Steven Spielberg had recently finalised the script, and promised it was "the best one yet".

Actor Harrison Ford will return as the titular star of the film, which is due to hit cinemas in May 2008.

The original Indiana Jones trilogy was a tribute to Saturday morning B-movies, and made more than $1.1bn (?560m) at the box office in the 1980s.

It began in 1981 with Raiders of the Lost Ark, in which archaeologist Jones raced around the world to find the ark of the covenant before it fell into the hands of the Nazis.

Ten years

Written by Lucas and directed by Spielberg it saw the two kings of blockbuster cinema working together for the first time, and was a global success.

The team reconvened for a sequel, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, in 1984 and again for Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade in 1989.

Rumours of a fourth chapter in the film saga have been circulating for several years, with each of the key participants agreeing they would only regroup if the script was good enough.

Lucas, 62, has now confirmed the script is ready - after more than 10 years in development - and told the Associated Press the film was "going to be fantastic".

He would not reveal any plot details, but said it would be "a character piece" including some "very interesting mysteries".

At the Rome Film Festival in October, Ford announced he was "fit to play" the Jones character again.

The 64-year-old actor promised he would "bring the same physical action" to a fourth movie as he did to the first three - in which he carried out many of his own stunts.

Ford added that Sean Connery may return as Indiana Jones' father, Dr Henry Jones Sr.

But former James Bond star Connery, who was also at the festival, said that no offer had been made.Lucas, 62, has now confirmed the script is ready - after more than 10 years in development - and told the Associated Press the film was "going to be fantastic".

He would not reveal any plot details, but said it would be "a character piece" including some "very interesting mysteries".

At the Rome Film Festival in October, Ford announced he was "fit to play" the Jones character again.

The 64-year-old actor promised he would "bring the same physical action" to a fourth movie as he did to the first three - in which he carried out many of his own stunts.

Ford added that Sean Connery may return as Indiana Jones' father, Dr Henry Jones Sr.

But former James Bond star Connery, who was also at the festival, said that no offer had been made.

-http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6219025.stm

**** Star Wars or LOTR's. This is the greatest trilogy ever! Hopefully Connery will be back.

Im ready...

Now lets all play the waiting game!! (puts on fedora hat and twiddling thumbs while whistling)

They better not ruin this, I mean Die Hard already doesn't look like, well Die Hard with the trailer having special effects and a diffrent feel. This and another Rambo is coming and I'm kind of worried. Die Hard, Rambo, Lethal Weapon and Indy are the best trilogies. Movies like those have the best action without the use of special effects. F"ck Star Wars and LOTR they need to chill with the special effects(actually there okay, but I mean Fu*k them in comparison to the classics). Anyways, if they mess this up I'm putting Spielberg in the oven and Lucas on a ship to the sun. But I guess I trust them.

They better not ruin this, I mean Die Hard already doesn't look like, well Die Hard with the trailer having special effects and a diffrent feel.

They mainly ****ed up with the Director, I knew it was shit when they announced it was the Underworld dude doing it. They should have got John McTiernan to direct it.

This and another Rambo is coming and I'm kind of worried.

When Rambo IV was announced I didn't have any expectations. But Rocky Balboa has got some good reviews coming in, which Stallone has directed. I'm expecting the same for the next Rambo.

Die Hard, Rambo, Lethal Weapon and Indy are the best trilogies. Movies like those have the best action without the use of special effects. F"ck Star Wars and LOTR they need to chill with the special effects(actually there okay, but I mean Fu*k them in comparison to the classics).

Quoted for truth.

I trust Lucas and Spielberg, the project has been on the map for 10 years now and they wouldn't start it until they got a good script together.

If they mess this up, I shall retaliate.

Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade = Best movie ever

EVER. INDISPUTABLE, UNDENIABLE AND SIMPLY FACT.

CLOSE THREAD
.....wait don't do that.

Edit - They made the best move ever. Brought Harrison back.

From the grave? o_O

He's not getting any younger...

Jesus... Harrison'll kill himself with this movie if he seriously wants to do his own stunts.

I always thought the Indy movies were a bit overrated, but still enjoyable. Here's hoping this one's good.

Hmm not good, Ford's last movies sucked balls. He couldn't throw one single believable punch. He's too old for this shtick.

Hmm not good, Ford's last movies sucked balls. He couldn't throw one single believable punch. He's too old for this shtick.

Ford hasn't made a good movie since the mid-90's.

It's all these new sequals that puts me off buying the boxsets, because soon as these come on DVD, if they're any good. They'll be new box sets :p

Well, after having been pleasantly surprised by Rocky Balboa, I'm not going to rule this out beforehand. The age of miracles, people!

Just in case anyone needs more proof that Sean Connery is the motherf*cking man...

The biggest news of all, however, is that Sean Connery will not be returning as Henry Jones, Sr. The following statement from Connery, who retired from acting in 2005, was included in the news release:

"I get asked the question so often, I thought it best to make an announcement. I thought long and hard about it and if anything could have pulled me out of retirement it would have been an Indiana Jones film. I love working with Steven and George, and it goes without saying that it is an honor to have Harrison as my son. But in the end, retirement is just too damned much fun. I, do however, have one bit of advice for Junior: Demand that the critters be digital, the cliffs be low, and for goodness sake keep that whip by your side at all times in case you need to escape from the stunt coordinator! This is a remarkable cast, and I can only say, 'Break a leg, everyone.' I'll see you on May 22, 2008 at the theater!"

I <3 Sean Connery

Too bad, he should make a cameo appearance.

I'm happy with the casting of Kate Blanchett and Jon Hurt

If this is crap, heads will roll.

That said I trust Spielberg to reign in Lucas if Lucas gets too bullshit. Apparently David Koepp is also on board which bodes well.

Pretty awesome that Connery said that, if I do say so myself.

BBC said:
Steven Spielberg had recently finalised the script, and promised it was "the best one yet"

lol, what else would Spielbergo say? "it's not as good as the first one, but meh"

so will this new movie be set in the late 50's? seeing as how the other movies were set in the late 30's and Harrison ford is now 20 years older? i'd kill for a Bladerunner sequel ..come on Ford why havent you done one yet?

it better be good cuz the first one is up there with the greatest action movies of all time so it has big shoes to fill

Shia LeBeouf is in everything now. I hate him. Although this should be good and I can't wait.

If Connery is not in then this movie will suck balls. Seriously, Lucas (the dick) and Spielberg might just as well kill themselves, coz this movie will be nothing without Sean.

Back