Is it going Gold on Sept. 30th?

A

anthony256

I'm not a big member of these forums, but I use this as my base of information, chat and a great read. I've been sucking all the information of HL2 into my head and here's what I think;

- RC1 has been sent, nothing has been confirmed of 'accepted', etc.

- Reviews are not even 1 week away and information has already leaked that it's "beyond expectations", if this is true, how, how could VUG hold it back, if they do they will just keep losing money.

- They are now announcing packages and online purchases

- They have let us know what comes with HL2, and what does not come with HL2

- We know it's 6cd's/1dvd

- Preload 4 has been done, lots of updates, etc

- We are getting more 'news' about HL2, more frequent posts in forums, news bits, information, 'leaks'...

- CS: Source is finished and out next week

- There are no other games out at the moment that are 'the next big thing', Doom3 was a feeble attempt to grab some sales and sell some more engines.. Far Cry was a great attempt but has 'worn-off' for most people.

- The game has to make sales.. which leaves this last bit;

- Sept. 30th (previous release date) is approaching us.. this leaves one conclusion (with all these movements in it's development in the l ast 4 weeks) that they will use this date as a 'thankyou' to us gamers/HL lovers and use it as a jumppad for 'gone gold' announcement.

Sept. 30th will be gold, and if it's not, I will be completely shocked. I'm sure it'll be out 1 - 2 weeks after reviews in magazines (which smacks it into the ~15th - 18th October or so). They cannot let a '100% review' out a few days after the anniversary of their first 'announced' release date (Sept. 30th) and not do anything [as in give a gold announcement].

We've been sitting here waiting and waiting and there has been nothing but PR stunts to me :) Which is great, because I'm sure the greatest game of all time is about to be announced as gold and I'm sitting here waiting :bounce:

Lets hope. Let's pray :cat:

:thumbs:

yeah, it's definitely coming soon, though we may not even get a gold announcement
for all we know it already went gold and they'll just tell us it's coming out in like a week or two without ever telling us it went gold, i would like that oh so much

Seems likely just don't be mad if it doesn't go gold on Sept 30th.

Well.. Maybe you're right.. maybe you're not..

We'll see tomorrow :9

Im still thinking that it will go gold after October 8. I think vivendi while hold the game atleast untill than. It might already be in production, but I don't think either company will make any kind of statement untill the 8th of october.

Seriously dude, when naming threads like this, use a f*cking question mark in the title.

what's the 8th of october? i know i'vde seen the date mentioned before, can't remember though

i was just thinking the same thing. The 30th of September would be a perfect day to go gold after all this drama and waiting.

kaellinn18 said:
Seriously dude, when naming threads like this, use a f*cking question mark in the title.

Calm down, and can a mod edit the thread title? Thanks..

anthony256 said:
Calm down, and can a mod edit the thread title? Thanks..

Sorry, it's not just you. There have been innumerable gold speculation threads where the title states the date or the fact that it has gone gold as fact. I'm tired, and it just really annoyed me.

I wouldn't be suprised one bit if HL2 goes gold tommorow. So much information has been released in the past 2 days, either it will go Gold tommorow or sometime this or next week.

We still need to download 1GB and there is no way they will make us do it in 1 day. They will give everyone another week to download the 1GB and then we'll be able to download something to unlock it.

I wouldn´t say hooray too soon..
They might give us alot of information and things to discuss, in order to buy themselves more time..

VGJosh said:
We still need to download 1GB and there is no way they will make us do it in 1 day. They will give everyone another week to download the 1GB and then we'll be able to download something to unlock it.

If it went gold tomorrow, what makes you think it'd be available in 24 hours? It means it's "finished" and would be available very shortly afterwards. I would say if it went gold Sept. 30th, it would have a final preload within 48hours.

Good post, it makes sense to me too.

Lets all hope this is what happens. :cheers:

Yeah, that's what i'm thinking... I think they've already produced lot's of HL2 CD's ; Valve is just waiting to say "it's gold guys". How else could they have such clear information about the exact retail packages?

Why is everone being so hostile towards vivendi?

There is no evidence that they want to delay it for another 6 months right?

I think Vivendi wants this game out as bad as valve and we do.

They will make their big money anyway :)

I also think a 30 sept gold announcement date is VERY likely.

or maybe: 'and btw guys, you can pick your copy of hl2 up at your store, starting tommorow'

Oct.8 is one of the court dates I think...
This new steam offer is going to put alot of pressure on VUG to gold hl2. Smart move by Valve, cause I know I'm buying my game of steam now.

they are going about this launch in a much tooooooo confusing manner.
Steam this, release, gold, silver package, light, dark meat, preload for prebuy for steam but not retail , special version online with free cap
buy in the store free t-shirt. would you like fries with that?
JUST MAKE ONE DARN package for steam, and the same deal for the store. all get the same, all have the same games.

The_Monkey said:
I will pray upon Ilúvatar that you are right.

Ooh .. Me 2. Morgoth can go eat a banana. We have been waiting long enough.

Tomorrow could be a gold announcement followed by the weekly preload. Next week's preload is the release of Counterstrike: Source, and to save bandwith, it would make sense to have the final HL2 preload beforehand.

September 30th does have an ominous ring to it.

In all honesty, due to the significance of September 30th in relation to Half-Life 2, I'd say there's every chance something big may happen on that date.

Hopefully if it isn't a confirmation of gold status, it'll be either VUG or Valve announcing a projected date for release.

God I hope so, I just doubt it because this week Counter Strike source is supposed to come and if they were going to release Half Life 2 why mention cs:source?

It's just all this PR happening, news bits, etc, just before Sept 30th, why not 6 months ago? Why not let us know.. why now, if the game is going to be 'held for 6 months' why tell us now, hold out for 6 months.

I'm quite certain of gold status within 36 hours (given that it's Sept. 30th here in Australia already, I'll let you guys in other parts of the world catch up ;p).

that would be so cruel if it did go gold on september 30th... speaking of which, tomorrow is sep 30!

-merc

no, be on my computer tommrow would be even better! not gold.. :D lol
oldfaq

UM, which RC do you think they tested first? HL2, or CS:S.

you can't tell me CS:S is gold and HL2 is not. I WILL NOT BELIEVE! I WILL NOT!
lol

And now to add to my big list on my first page, Preload Stage 5? Is this getting any better or what? 2 preloads in a week.. It makes me even more sure gold status is going to be in the next day (time differences).

Well, its obvious nobody has gotten their PC Gamer mag yet because we'd have scans by now. So why not have the mag reach subscribers the same day its announced gold? It would be fitting that's for sure...

OR they might have already gone gold, distributed the games and ambush us with the "IN STORES NOW" announcement.

Heh, that would be glorious, just absolutely glorious.

Mmmmm, gloriousness.

ITS GONE GOLD!!!!

..I'm such an asshole :p...but then again....it could have gone gold when I post this and I could look like a total fool right now

anthony256 said:
It's just all this PR happening, news bits, etc, just before Sept 30th, why not 6 months ago? Why not let us know.. why now, if the game is going to be 'held for 6 months' why tell us now, hold out for 6 months.

I'm quite certain of gold status within 36 hours (given that it's Sept. 30th here in Australia already, I'll let you guys in other parts of the world catch up ;p).

or it could be VALVe trying to pressure VUG to get off their arses release the game hehe...there's quite afew people buying HL2 through steam for CS: S, so VUG will be loosing out on some money.

Ooh .. Sept. 30th here now, but no gold status. Maybe they'll just jump straight to Half-Life 3 ? :p

Back