is this an illegal version?

urbanx

Reaction score
there is a computer showcasing hl2 and the aux power in it is red.
does that mean it is using an illegal version of the game?

no, thats a bug, it happened to me too after i died one time

I thought the red aux bar meant it was a warez version, which is illegal.

Way to tell if HL2 an illegal version, is if some of the HL2 Deathmatch files aren't verifed leading to sounds and some objects physics not really working as they should

happened for my friend while i was over at his house playing hl2 dm

I think as a rule, if you have to ask then yes, it is most likely not legal.

yeah that's a bug, not many illegal HL2 going around as you know :D

This happens to me too... though for a short time only.

If you needed to use some form of money before you could own and play HL2: It's most likely legal.

If your playing it and realize "Hey, this was free..." it's most likely illegal.

My auxpower bar is always red if the amount of power is like 10-20%. I thought everyone has this o_O
edit: typos. goddamnit im tired.

If it's red and all the pips are filled in, it's pirated.

CREMATOR666 said:
Better go fetch a new one :p
Nah... look on the bright side... atleast you arent getting serious problems compared to the others. :E

These kind of conclusions doesn't really make sense. If all pirated versions have red AUX bars, then that means the game knows if its being pirately installed. Well, would it not make more sense to cease to function or malfunction in more severe ways than to just merely imply it through different HUD colours?

twinscythe said:
These kind of conclusions doesn't really make sense. If all pirated versions have red AUX bars, then that means the game knows if its being pirately installed. Well, would it not make more sense to cease to function or malfunction in more severe ways than to just merely imply it through different HUD colours?
seriously :O

and what's stopping a pirate from making the auxpower bar look the right color? You don't suppose Valve purposely made this so people could tell if the copy of the game was legit, do you?

so can i assure this...its definitely illegal?
and if it was just a bug, it wouldnt last the entire game?

glitched_firewal said:
I paid eighty dollars for the collectors edition, and my bar is always red...

Lol you got screwed out of eighty dollars then. I'd bring the game back to that hobo at that stand on the corner of 5th and 22nd and tell him his games ARENT LEGIT!!11eleven.

If you have a red Aux bar, uninstall and go buy Farcry or something.

The red aux bar is a bug within the game that is, for some reason, always on in pirated versions. It can, I suppose, happen to a legal user (never happened with me, though, not even when dead under the water), but then it should disappear after a restart or whatever. If the red aux bar with all dots full is on the screen constantly, the version is illegal.

can someone post a screen shot of this bug?? i dont get an idea what it looks like

Back