Just Preordered a psp

You all seem to know what it is, but I've never heard of it before. That's (not) funny.

I guess living in Sweden doesn't help much.

As for pobz and craig, I have a comment and a question.
First of all craig, don't try and tell us that $250 is nothing. Have you seen your room? Your rich as hell, man! Of course you can afford it. Some of us aren't as fortunate.

But just in case I want to buy one :)P), what's the battery life like? I shelled out a lot for my iPod mini and am dissapointed in the battery life. Will I encouter the same dissapointment in the PSP?

For watching videos, it's 7 hours ish. MP3s (screen off) its well over 10 hours. Games can be 3-5 hours of constant play.

The above times are for settings with volume at 75% and screen brightness at full. Some people think that's not enough, but I think it's fine. Just pop it on charge before you go to bed every night.

http://www.gtapsp.com/?page=ispspup

this is a great read as well. If gta is 3d PSP is gonna rule :) and i also heard somewhere that theres going to be a direct port of MGS2 at xmas :) lemme find the link where i read tht aswell....

ship said:
I guess living in Sweden doesn't help much.

As for pobz and craig, I have a comment and a question.
First of all craig, don't try and tell us that $250 is nothing. Have you seen your room? Your rich as hell, man! Of course you can afford it. Some of us aren't as fortunate.

But just in case I want to buy one :)P), what's the battery life like? I shelled out a lot for my iPod mini and am dissapointed in the battery life. Will I encouter the same dissapointment in the PSP?

LOL, you think I'm rich? I earn less than £8,000 a year dude, I just spend my money wiseley (i.e. on stuff I want).

The battery life is about 4/5 hours depending on a whole list of factors, with about a 100 minute recharge time

Hmmmm, I don't think its as powerful as a ps2, maybe a dreamcast with some additional modern day shader capabilities. But thats about it. Its a very impressive system and I have had one for over 1 month now. The games kinda suck ass for it atm, I am just waiting for some good ones.

The_Monkey said:
:LOL: So that's what it stands for?

EDIT: Do you mind if I quote that?

LOL yay i got sigged or whatever its called by ppl in this forum

Im going to get it but I want FF7 to come out on it. I just hope they can fit a lot of content on a 1.8GB disk. I hope they make an update so it can play Divx movies also.

Funnily enough, they can fit 1.8Gb of content on a 1.8Gb UMD :|

Apollo 13 said:
Im going to get it but I want FF7 to come out on it. I just hope they can fit a lot of content on a 1.8GB disk. I hope they make an update so it can play Divx movies also.

well the FF7 movie is coming out on it :D and the FF4 remake is coming out aswell

B-MAn said:
LOL yay i got sigged or whatever its called by ppl in this forum

Sorry, I removed. It felt kinda lame to quote myself.

The_Monkey said:
Sorry, I removed. It felt kinda lame to quote myself.

:( oh well i did get sigged for a moment. sigged...heh that should be a real word

I don't get how your able to play others online...do I just press a button (WI FI) and Im playing online for free...or do I have to sign up fo WIFI and pay for online?

Wi-Fi is ad-hoc if you're at the same location as the people you're playing against, for onlin mode you'd need to go through a wireless connection that you pay for. I dont think that many games will let you play over the internet.

that's dumb....I have a cable connection and was hoping to be able to hook it to my PSP and be able to play others online.

lePobz said:
For watching videos, it's 7 hours ish. MP3s (screen off) its well over 10 hours. Games can be 3-5 hours of constant play.

The above times are for settings with volume at 75% and screen brightness at full. Some people think that's not enough, but I think it's fine. Just pop it on charge before you go to bed every night.
Sweet, nice. Thanks for the info. That sounds very decent to me.
craig said:
LOL, you think I'm rich? I earn less than £8,000 a year dude, I just spend my money wiseley (i.e. on stuff I want).

The battery life is about 4/5 hours depending on a whole list of factors, with about a 100 minute recharge time
Dude, I didn't mean it in a bad way. You just have some really nice stuff in your room. :)

Thanks for the info.

Does anyone know a big PSP fansite ?, with forums n' shiz ? :O

Back