L4D Blog: Official Servers Using Custom Campaigns, Summer Sale & New DLC?

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
Bit of a mix and match of news items all thrown together into one blog post! From now on there will be bi-weekly updates featuring new custom campaigns on the 120 official Valve servers. The first one being Two Evil Eyes which you can download from L4Dmaps.[br]The Valve store was recently updated with some new interesting merchandise including L4D items for which there is currently a summer sale.[br]Lastly is the question over new L4D DLC, L4D2 DLC and a Mac conversion? Well according to Chet...
All your questions are answered, and more, next Friday August 20th on Game Trailers TV. The show airs at 12:30am on Spike.

looking forward to hearing more on the mac version. i've had L4D retail for a while now when i was running it for a short time on crossover, now i'm itching to put it to better use on steam for mac.

Can't wait to hear the word on l4d1&2 DLCs, hopefully it's worth while since they're talking about how bill dies.

I wonder if they actually knew when they killed him off, or if they did it for dramatic effect and decided they would work it out down the line.

While looking at the sales I was really excited to see that the GLaDOS Mousepad was $4.99.

But then I looked at the shipping options and I wtf'd. **** that.-

valveship-1.jpg

While looking at the sales I was really excited to see that the GLaDOS Mousepad was $4.99.

But then I looked at the shipping options and I wtf'd. **** that.-

valveship-1.jpg

Yeah, shipping is quite expensive. That's why I saved up and a bought large amount of stuff from the store. I'm definitely planning on getting one of those Portal 2 shirts sometime in the future.

Along with this new chapter in the zombie survival saga, No Mercy - the hospital campaign from the first Left 4 Dead - will be updated and included for Left 4 Dead 2 players, who can then play through both these campaigns.

The Sacrifice - out in October - tells the story of the last Left 4 Dead 2 expansion, The Passing, from the perspective of the original game's cast. You'll find out how they managed to meet up with Left 4 Dead 2's cast, and at the end, will be able to choose for yourself which of the original cast dies (hence the expansion's name), rather than Valve simply pencilling it in.

The expansion is designed to work with both Left 4 Dead games, so if you've only got one of them, it doesn't matter, you'll be able to download and play this.

A digital comic will begin next month to get everybody up to speed on the events of the campaign. The Sacrifice will be released as free DLC for the PC and Mac, while it will be a paid downloadable for the Xbox 360.
http://kotaku.com/5618352/new-left-...-choose-who-will-live-or-die?skyline=true&s=i

Back