L4D machinima

Link

Tank
Reaction score
Wow, necroing an entire forum is a new one...

Anyway, I decided I wanted to try my hand at a spot of machinima, just for something to do. Specifically, I wanted to make it using left 4 dead 2. I've been doing some tests to see what i can do, and so far its all good except for one thing. When I record a demo, it takes it from the perspective of the player that does the recording, which means that I can't have that player on the screen, even if I move the camera around. I've been googling and reading for a while, and everything I've read tells me its not possible, but all the information is old. I'm just about resigned to writing a 3 person story, but I thought I would ask here first.

Is there anyway to use a standard recording and get all 4 characters on camera?
Is there a method for the listen server to record the demo, capturing everything? I seem to remember goldsrc having something like this?
Is SourceTV enabled for L4D2? The most recent info I can find says its not, but thats 8 months old.
Can anyone suggest an alternative method I haven't thought of?

Hope that makes sense, I've been reading for a couple hours solid and am a bit frazzled.

Most machinmas end up using Garry mods. Very good tool for getting the perfect shot and camera angles

I looked at that, but it doesn't support L4D2, at least as far as I can see.

Back