L4D weapons in HL2

In theory yes, but I'm not into that side of models and skins etc, I would imagine it's possible using all the files from L4D and converting them to your HL2 directory. But somebody else will have to answer with all the appropriate technical stuff.

You would need to take out the right files from the L4D .gcf files, then put them into your hl2 directory and give them the correct name probably. Should be it.

I'm pretty sure it would involve some more work than that. For one thing, isn't L4D on a different version of the source engine than HL2?

L4D weapons = CSS weapons. You can find the code for CSS weapons in the SDK.

It's unlikely to be much more work, they are the same file types and work in the same way. Only difference really would be any new fancy shaders they have added since hl2.

There's probably a difference in animations, too, don't you think?

You would need to take out the right files from the L4D .gcf files, then put them into your hl2 directory and give them the correct name probably. Should be it.

It actually isn't a core model from L4D, its a l4d model I found on fpsbanana (aliens pulse rifle) that i want to try to convert into my copy of HL2 as a replacement for the SMG.

L4D weapons = CSS weapons. You can find the code for CSS weapons in the SDK.

Don't Have CSS.

You don't need CSS to use the code from SDK.

I imagine this will be a shortlived goal then. Modding this kind of thing isn't for the beginner / faint hearted / Vegetanub. If you're after some new weapons to try out in Half-life 2, check out Smod.

HEY I'm the only damn one in this thread that was trying to say it's not going to be a walk in the park.

How could you think that is what he meant? Did you even read? All that is is L4D in a hl2 style map.

Hey well it's a start, I'm pretty sure that's going to be the closest he gets.
HEY I'm the only damn one in this thread that was trying to say it's not going to be a walk in the park.
I WAS TRYING TO HURT YOU.

Back