Last door before chapter 8 (features conspiracy elements just for you)

L'Ost

Reaction score
It's a "push-door". You know, that kind of emergency exits you can open by pushing a horizontal bar.
It's the very last door before elevator to chapter 8.

It's allready opened. The only problem is it's the wrong side : Chell couldn't open it anyway. So the one-million-dollard question is...

Who opened it ?

The guy from the comic ? But he's supposed to sleep !

Who helped Chell ???

And where is the cake ?

omg conspiracy !!

I don't remember the one you mean, could you show us a screenshot? Maybe it was designed with the door open in mind.

maybe it was opened when there was people around?like,100 years before?

Doug has been awake the same time as Chell (I think, Valve needs to draw the rest of the Doug comic). And a emergency door always closes after a while. Maybe Valve slipped.

I can't provide a screenshot just for the moment, because I have to re-do all the chapter 7.

Do you remember when you go out of old testings chambers via a suspended elevator in a huuuuuuuge room, you arrive in a place with giant springs on an infinite floor, those springs supports huge cubes.

You've got stairs to enter one of these cubes, the door to one of these is opened from the inside.

It can't be ratman, if those doors close. Doug already sleeps when Chell wakes up and the coop bots aren't onlined yet... There's someone else in there !

It can't be a problem with valve too : if that door were constructed the opposite, what kind of door would it be : an emergency entrance ?
So the door is constructed the good way. And it needed to be opened, since Chell couldn't.

If it's opened, there's someone else :)

Or valve would have level-designed this door another way :)

Great, that's this exact door. Maybe a screenshot from the previous "spring room" would have helped people to remind aswell...

Yeah sorry I was @ that door and then my mind says "Take screenshot for forum"

Back