An hl2 chronicle

Haxor

Reaction score
Finally decided to put up what it is now considered the 2nd part of the prologue of my story. Enjoy :D

Combine Assault

Prologue

As 14 year old Mark Leon wakes up on the day of his life he, like always, takes a quick look at the portal storm in the far distance from his home's window waiting for the inevitable take over of his planet. Although Mark would love to fight the creatures coming through that portal, he knows that he is just another ordinary person who won't be able to do anything either, but just stand, and watch. As he gets ready for school he watches the news on his television about what is happening, "So are there any updates on these 'portal storms' around the world?" Says one reporter
"Scientists are still unsure on what will come through, but the pulses happening so frequently lately are just signs that whatever is on the other side is just getting closer to making it through." replies another reporter. Mark takes this information in and knows that it won't be much longer before our planet is doomed. After getting to school Mark still watches the portal waiting. It wasn't until 3rd period that the portal started to pulse more electrical waves, but these weren't average ones, they were powerful and were happening fast, seconds after these pulses the portal warped open and they were through.
Drop ship after drop ship along with choppers and attack ships poured through the portal. Mark froze rather then doing what his instincts told him to do, get out of his classroom, go home, there was no point in staying, but he couldn't move, his face fixed towards the new portal in the distance. When the teacher called on him to ask what he was doing, Mark told them the portal has opened while pointing towards it. The class rushed towards the windows, including the teacher, so as they were all gazing at the event, he slipped out of the crowd and left the classroom, and ran as fast he could home.
He only stopped for a brief moment to catch his breath; he looked up to notice that all the ships were just hovering high up in the sky, like they were waiting for something. He didn't waste anymore time and quickly sprinted home, he opens the door to his home quickly calling out for his mother, brother, and father but no one answered, no one was home.
Just as mark picked up the phone to call his family it was like time just froze, as the living room turned to darkness, he was greeted by a somewhat friendly, yet eerie voice. "Scared Mr. Leon lonely, confused?" The mysterious voice whispered
"Who’s there?" Mark called
"You could say that in a way I’m an old friend but then again we don't know each other that well just yet" After finishing his sentence a man in crisp navy blue suit, with a briefcase that said "Black Mesa" on the side, and a face that looks like it hasn't got any rest in years, stepped out of the darkness.
"G-man?! Wha-what are you doing here, how are your here, and what do you want?" Mark asked confused
"Nothing in particular, but to put a new employee to his first test"
"New employee?"
"Yes, my employers are looking for someone who can match there expectations for new jobs to make up for, lost credibility. I recommend you but my employers fought against the idea because of your age, I presented them with some interesting facts, and also proposed this test of mine. If you survive it then you will be working for them under my supervision."
"But why me? I'm just an average kid, how do you expect a kid like me to do anything about the stuff to happen also, there are millions of other people on this planet who know how things will end."
"Ah yes, but you have me. I will give you the tools you need to survive; your intelligence will be increased. Along with you strength which will be that of a light weight fighter, your fighting skill, close quarters combat skills, and weapon marksman skills, that a 10 year CIA veteran would have, so your almost impossible to kill, but do recognize the almost part. Also, you may think the combine do come from a video game so there should be many people who also know events happening wouldn't you think so? But what you and one other person on this planet didn't know is that the game that these events are based on doesn't exist." Mark's eyes widened with confusion and joy in a way at those words and couldn't almost believe it.
"So only me and one other person know this now, and sort of know the future, and you’re going to give me all of those skills? Mark said again in his confused, wary, and somewhat excited voice
"That's all correct in a way, except you know what happens to Mr. Freemen, but not to yourselves, but if you tell anyone about the events that will happen, your abilities will be stripped as you stay here in this world for the rest of your life, or be executed on sight, while the memory of the people you told is erased, so it would be like you never told them. Making no difference to the fate of Earth.
"So what do I have to do?"
"Just to survive to, what will be considered the 'end' of the war, and then I will come in telling you the test is over, and other details. Also, throughout this test most objectives will be obvious to you, but a objective will appear before your eyes, these objectives are very vital and must be completed. If they are not done, consequences WILL follow.
"Ok but one more question, if you don't mind me asking"
" By all means"
"Where is the rest of my family?"
"Oh of course, your family and others who we considered loved ones, are in another universe unaffected by these events while being frozen in time, so you won't have to worry about them. Plus I couldn't have you worrying about during your test after all."
"Alright then thank you."
"No, thank you Mr. Leon. Now I do hope I've answered all your questions, but I must be going." The G-Man says while looking at his watch.
"Oh by the way try not to kill to many combine soldiers. During the 7 hour war or else your job will just be more difficult, so I wish you luck. You’re going to need it."
With that last sentence the G-man fades away with the darkness. As time begins again, Mark stands frozen in his living room pondering over his first move so he may survive the dreaded 7 hour war.

While Mark thinks about what he should do, he sits down on his couch and turns on the television to so what is happening at the moment. There is a live coverage on the human and alien "Treaty", a combine ambassador has been sent down in a drop ship to extend his and his species peace with the president. Around the world there are more combine ambassadors speaking with leaders from other countries on "peace". The drop ship lands in front of the president, secret service placed everywhere, along with known snipers on surrounding roof tops to protect the president. Out step an Elite combine solider, in it's standard uniform, a white leather bullet proof uniform from head to toe, and a helmet with one large red eye on it.
The only thing that made them stand out was that they had more decorations than other elite soldiers, and a fancy hat, almost like a sailor cap for a captain. The ambassador walked up the stair up to a podium where the president was waiting for him. When he was getting close enough, the president held out his hand for a peaceful hand shake. The ambassador did the same thing, but just when he was about to shake his hand, a hidden blade came out of his arm and the ambassador lunged at the president and stabbed him in the throat. Secret service behind the president pulled out there weapons and shot at the ambassador, the ambassador pulled in the presidents and was using him as a shield, the known snipers on other buildings shot at the secret service agents which explained the obvious that combine took over the sniper spots. While soldiers that accompanied the ambassador took care of other secret service agents remaining, the whole world watched in terror as these events unfolded before there eyes live on TV.
Mark runs outside and looks up to see that all the ships that where hovering above the city started to descend towards the streets of his town. Mark thinks of what he could do, he goes back into his house, into his brother’s room.
He grabs a tactical knife that his brother owns. Goes into his room, empties his backpack, the one he brought from school, and puts in essential clothing and supplies, if he needs to leave his house. Then with his new strength pulls his bed up against his door, and then wedges a dresser of his between the bed and the wall behind it, so it would be nearly impossible to open the door.
Mark, after doing what he needs to do, decides to play some video games. An hour goes by before he hears someone break into his house; he turns off his console and listens. He hears people walking around his house, the people in his house are tearing his house up. When they finally get to Mark's room they are trying there hardest to get the door open. "The door won't budge sir." Says a deep, evil, voice through a mask, Mark hears there conversation continue, but can't understand what they are really saying. As he tries to listen to what they are saying, they stop talking, Mark hears a click, and then something is dropped on the floor. Mark listens in more then recognizes a beeping then quickly dives between his bed and the wall.
An explosion happens, and the door is destroyed. Mark takes out his knife, then remembers the G-Man's words that he can't kill too many. Mark grabs a t-shirt and a pair of glasses and makes a mask.
After the door is done crumbling, the first soldier hops onto Mark's bed and walks forward. Mark sees' this and comes out from behind his bed and cuts the combine soldier’s ankle, after being cut the soldier falls forward, in pain, into the space between Mark's bed and the wall, and the soldier’s neck breaks. When the other soldier sees Mark he immediately starts to fire at him, Mark hides behind the wall next to the door. The soldier inches towards the door, Mark thinks quickly and gets into his closet; the soldier jumps onto the bed and down. His gun aimed at the wall still, right at Mark while he is still in the closet. Mark slowly moves to the right in his closet, after doing this, the combine soldier right away starts to fire on the side Mark just moved from.
Mark opens the closet from his right side and throws his knife at the combine soldier, the knife sticks into the soldier’s left arm. Mark exits his closet and moves towards the combine soldier, the soldier, staggering back, tries to pull up his sub machine gun, but Mark easily disarms him. Mark takes the knife out of the soldiers arm first, then using the combine soldier’s weapon, Mark kills the soldier. After doing this he is about to leave his room, but then he hears more soldiers enter his house. Mark quickly goes to the entrance of his hallway, peaks out and fires on the three more combine in his house, killing them all. Mark decides to check the window in his kitchen to look out at the street.
He looks around to see a combine apc parked out front, the apc manages to see him. The apc opens fire towards Mark, he quickly ducks down below the barrage of bullets, he staggers into the hallway, and back into his room. The bullets stopped firing. Mark stops and listens, only to be startled by an explosion.
Mark grabs his backpack of supplies leaves his room through his window, and jumps into the drive way next door, he walks along his neighbors tall bushes towards the side walk to see the APC still parked out front. The APC is still aiming at the house, so Mark sneaks away, knowing that he can’t destroy the APC.
Mark decides to sneak back into house, through the window he exited from the first time, to try and look for something that he could use to destroy the APC. Mark checks the bodies of the combine soldiers that he killed in his room, he finds three grenades, and he puts two in his backpack and holds one in his hand for the APC. Mark hops back down into the driveway next door; he sneaks back up to the sidewalk along his neighbors bush again. He again peaks around the bush, the APC still doesn’t see him, Mark quickly runs up to it, and tosses the grenade under the APC, and runs down the street ducks down behind a car. The explosion rocks Mark to the floor! The APC is destroyed with shrapnel flying everywhere. Mark walks back up to his house and pulling his mask off to see a hole in his house where the APC saw him, Mark climbs into the hole, cuts through the garage, and enter his grandma’s house. The house is a small little cabin that was added on. Mark enters, and the first thing he does is push two big dressers in front of the door he just entered to block it. He uses the refrigerator for front, while also locking both doors. Mark sits on the couch in the living room and turns on the TV, only to find that every channel is an emergency broadcast, lucky there are a few movies in his grandma’s house, he watches one. Two hours go by after watching the movie. Mark decides to go into the bedroom and closes the door, locks it, and uses a door stop for extra resistance; he climbs onto the bed and falls asleep.
Three in a half hour go by, only a half hour is left before Earth surrenders. Mark goes over to the TV and turns it on to see a conference going on at the U.N. He sees one man talking to everyone there; it was the infamous board director of Black Mesa, Wallace Breen. He was negotiating with all members at the U.N. to surrender. Finally within the final minutes of the seven hour all ambassadors attending the U.N. meeting agreed on surrendering to the Combine. All military personal and every citizen were to surrender to the civil protection that was being deployed from other drop ships.
After negotiating the surrender of Earth Wallace Breen was to be granted power by order from an advisor, Mark wasn’t going to put up a fight when surrendering, so he took off his mask and glasses put them into his backpack. Moved the fridge and waited for CP to come and arrest him, it was a matter of time before a drop ship came in with CP. They quickly came in pinned Mark on the floor cuffing him. Mark didn’t know where he was being taken but it didn’t matter to him, his first objective from the G-Man was completed, he survived the 7 hour war. Now he waits for the rebellion to form in his future city so he may plan his next move.

This is from Episode 3??? Awesome!

I was waiting 2 hear what it was about but I didnt kno it was gunna be like this!!!!

"I'll get you back evil boss!" Mark Leon yelled at the top of lungs.
to be continued..?

I don't like teenage characters that aren't at least 17.

WALL_OF_TEXT.jpg

Back