Logitech Laser MX 1000 for $39!

NJspeed

Reaction score
Cheaper than the cheapest on Ebay. At CompUSA only.

Their price is $79.99 with $10 instant off and then a $30 mail in rebate.

Use this $30 rebate:

http://image.compusa.com/pdfs/0019062.pdf

I usually hate rebates but this is a killer deal so I wanted to share it with everyone.

yeah the 1000 is like 60 bucks with a 20 dollar mail in rebate at my work, pisses me off that I just bought a 510 not too long ago

MX 1000 is too heavy IMO. I have it and wish I could get a lighter mouse because it is hard to stop on a dime(ie headshot) in games when you move it fast so it takes longer to actually aim at something. Or if you have more friction it is harder to get it to move and pinpoint stuff. Lighter mouses FTW.

That's funny because I was just going to write about how I like its slightly larger size and heavier weight. The first time I saw one in the store months ago, I knew I had to have it. I'm also a pretty tall and big guy with big hands so its really good for me. Previously I had a Logitech optical but I broke it, so I was actually using an old Dell mouse for the past 2 months. Ugh is right. Anyway I guess some people like their mouse heavier. I've seen a few that have weights in them so they can be light or heavy depending on how you like it. I'm havin fun with it - I was just pwning in Battlefield 2. So far its worked great. The only thing I haven't liked is the bullshit extra software it installed. Seems every device these days has to come with some equally different and equally crappy media player.

I perfur abit of weight as well, feels less likly to full apart when you pick it up, mx 1000 all the way tbh

For $39 its a steal, especially if your current mouse is crap... I just have to remember to send in the refund tomorrow.

I better go pick one up then! I've been wanting to get one for quite some time now.

*checks date* Holy Shoot! there isn't much time!!!!

/me runs away to the nearest CompUSA

Just got mine, man this mouse is awesome. I'm getting used to the sensitivity and the precision on this mouse, which is absolutely amazing! This is a huge leap up from my generic no-name mouse.

All this and the rebate.
AWESOME!

I liked the size and weight at first but after playing some FPS games it gets frustrating because its impossible to snap your wrist to quickly aim and it never ends up right on the target. It almost feels like im playing with a console controller on how you have to quickly move the cursor then adjust a bit. IDK..maybe its just me but honestly a heavier mouse is harder to snap aim due to its weight you cant stop it on a dime.

Glirk Dient said:
I liked the size and weight at first but after playing some FPS games it gets frustrating because its impossible to snap your wrist to quickly aim and it never ends up right on the target. It almost feels like im playing with a console controller on how you have to quickly move the cursor then adjust a bit. IDK..maybe its just me but honestly a heavier mouse is harder to snap aim due to its weight you cant stop it on a dime.
Yeah, you have to get used to the weight. Though I like heavier mouses and this one fits really well in my hand.

EVIL said:
razer copperhead ownz all mice
Rodents? of course!

i just bought my copperhead. i went from an mx500 to this- and idk if i like it yet- i think itl be awesome in the long run, im just having a hella hard time switching to this non ergonomic feel... idk i can always return it in 30'days for an mx518 and 40 dollars back ;)

what do you guys think about it?

I have a razer diamonback at the mo, and it has served me well. Great accuracy, light, brilliant for css. But as iconic mentions in relation to the copperhead, not very ergonomic, i don't find it so comfortable. I'm thinking of getting the logitech G5, i quite like the look of it.

Bloody good mouse if i may say so. Bought one when they first came out and it still works a dream and the battery life is still as good as new. Of course newer mice are better...same as a newer CPU is better.

im thinking of upgrading my mx1000 into a g7 or g5. but im not too sure about the one thumb button might wait for the next run.

but yet again i get them for $60-80 canadain at my work place. tried out the razer mice and just cant stand the side button position

Back