Loremo: The 150 MPG car

C

Cavalry

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=457882

The Loremo's German designers revisited the basics ? engine efficiency, low weight, and minimal drag ? to create a car that offers fuel-efficiency in the neighborhood of 130 to 150 miles per gallon. The Loremo is likely to dazzle drivers not with its acceleration, but with its ability to drive from New York to L.A. with only three stops at the pump.
building the car around a 2-cylinder turbodiesel engine
not only will it enter mass production next year, it will sport a base price attainable by mortal motorists: 15,000 euros (about U.S. $22,000).
a99193dde1f14702a74fccb00d0880b9.jpg

b4e61eba4e84480e84181306b01c0f4d.jpg

be25a4f5cfa141bbba4806982bf05764.jpg

I'd buy it.
Next year- a car that gets 150 MPG, 2010- A car with ~MPG

(please note ~ is infinite)

We'll see.

According to the marketing the Metro did 80 MPG.

I'd bet that this alleged 150 MPG is at something like a steady 60 KPH on a flat surface.

Rolling road results mean very little, so I'll believe it when they do drive it from New York to LA with 3 stops at the pump and not before.

It is odd that this car is going to be available next year.
That's awfully soon for a vehicle of this magnitude.

I'd think it would a long time to make one, and now the have to mass produce them, the chances that there will be some kind of problem is very high.

I will NEVER own the "car" in that video.

The Loremo at least compromises style and efficiency, that is the ugliest thing I have ever seen.

QFT.

Once I get the money, I may actually buy this car. Although, by the time I have money, there will probably be alternatives, so who knows!

Guess they can't make a fuel efficient car without it looking like a big fag-mobile...

Back