M$ to Lionhead: Prepare to be assimilated, resistance is futile

Seeing as the other month they had to let 50 staff go, i see this as a good move. Better MS than EA imo, and at least they get to stay in business

Microsoft forced Bungie to release Halo early, and ruined what had the potential to be an excellent game. I will never forgive them for that.

I would much rather EA than Microsoft, then I would at least get to play the games. I'm willing to bet that Dimitri and Lionhead's other projects will only be for 360/Vista.

VictimOfScience said:
As long as they don't let them release games with 40% of the features they had intended on originally I will be happy. Fable was good, but nowhere near what I and many others thought it could be (or was supposed to be actually).
I wasn't aware that it was unfinished, but I am aware that they kept delaying the game, which in my book is always a good thing, because to me it means they wanted to work on the game much longer to get it as complete as possible. I pre-ordered Fable BTW.

It sounds like you were saying that it was still unfinished. I've got two family members that are software programmers that will tell you that software is never finished. So if software wasn't released until every idea that they had was finished, there wouldn't be any such thing as software, or games would come out 3 years too late to be competitive anymore.

Anyway, I loved Fable, but it definitely could have been a longer game.

I would much rather EA than Microsoft, then I would at least get to play the games. I'm willing to bet that Dimitri and Lionhead's other projects will only be for 360/Vista.
Where else would you expect to see it on? You buying a PS3 or Revolution?

BRODIEMAN2k4 said:
PCs w/o vista?
But I don't know that they have hardly started on any projects, and so we wouldn't see any software from them for a couple years more than likely, and by that time everyone who wants to buy new games will need Vista don't you think? You don't see new games released on Windows 95 anymore do ya? :p

And about what Torso Boy said, I want to add that Lionhead Studios already only made games for Xbox and PC, so being owned by Microsoft changes nothing.

WhiteZero said:
Actually, alot do...
:p

right but that doesn't neccessarily mean its a good thing.
its one thing had Microsoft had actually developed as many games as companies they take over...but when these take overs happen at the rate that they are (EA anyone?), its a sad state really.

Dr. Freeman said:
right but that doesn't neccessarily mean its a good thing.
its one thing had Microsoft had actually developed as many games as companies they take over...but when these take overs happen at the rate that they are (EA anyone?), its a sad state really.
Understood, but as someone said Lionhead studios laid-off 50 employees ( i didn't even know they had that many) So at least they won't go bankrupt.

More people = more collectively creative

Having never seen a lionhead game on any platform aside from the X-Box, knowing that Lionhead games were previously published by EA and ultimately never having played a Lionhead game that didn't drown in its own hype and wasn't in every-way deeply average, I bestow upon this news a pair of shrugged shoulders and an O RLY.

Lionhead can only improve, so any change has potential.

kupoartist said:
Having never seen a lionhead game on any platform aside from the X-Box, knowing that Lionhead games were previously published by EA and ultimately never having played a Lionhead game that didn't drown in its own hype and wasn't in every-way deeply average, I bestow upon this news a pair of shrugged shoulders and an O RLY.

Lionhead can only improve, so any change has potential.
lol

I must be playing the wrong games. I wasn't overjoyed with Fable or anything, but I thought the hack and slash was the best I've ever played.

What type of games do you play where a game like Fable is deeply average? Seriously I want to play them. DS or something? (assuming because of your avatar you are a Nintendo fan)

Black & White was at the forefront of my mind rather than Fable, which primarily qualifies "drowned in its own hype" rather than "deeply average" I guess. Either way, no Lionhead game has ever rocked the world as we know it, which wouldn't be a crime if it wasn't for the fact that all the games they've ever made have been billed as capable of just that.

HOLY CRAP.

LIONHEAD NOOOOoOOOoOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

*weeps*

Not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing, but... still... LIONHEAD!!!!!!11!!!!1!1!!!!

kupoartist said:
Black & White was at the forefront of my mind rather than Fable, which primarily qualifies "drowned in its own hype" rather than "deeply average" I guess. Either way, no Lionhead game has ever rocked the world as we know it, which wouldn't be a crime if it wasn't for the fact that all the games they've ever made have been billed as capable of just that.
I haven't tried Black & White yet. I've never really given those God games a chance yet.

But as for the hype surrounding Fable, I couldn't agree more.

Things magazines were printing about this game made it sound like it was something that would change everything. A game more amazing than any. It's a very good game but its not all that.

Unfortunately, a game that is all that is so few and far between that I rarely take a chance on any games, and since I rarely buy games, I'm bound to miss that exact game that I was looking for.

Back