Macworld 2008

ailevation

Don't toke Sour Diesel
Reaction score
Just ended not too long ago and nothing too special IMO.

http://www.macrumorslive.com/

http://www.apple.com/

Iphone - Maps with location, bookmarking onto home screen(up to 9), Customize home screen, SMS multiple people, chapter options and language compatibility in Ipod mode. Update available today, right now. SDK will be coming in February.

Ipod Touch - 5 new apps, weather, maps, mail, stocks, and notes($20 upgrade wtf retarded)

Leopard - time machine and time capsul, Full airport extreme; 500 gig($299) and 1TB($499)

Itunes Movie rentals - 30 days to start watching and 24 hours to finish, you can use it for Mac, PC, Iphone, Ipod and TV(apple tv), Library titles $2.99 and new releases $3.99 and HD are $4.99

Macbook Air - Thinnest Notebook 0.16" to 0.76", magnetic latch, 13.3 inch display with LED backlight, multi-touch trackpad(think iphone touch screen), 1.8" harddrive(80 gig standard 64 Gig SSD option), 1.6 ghz c2duo standard 1.8 ghz option(apple had intel shrink the proc. by 60%), 2 gig ram standard, 802.11n wireless, Bluetooth 2.1/EDR, 5 hours battery life, $1799

That's a rough summary from me.

IMO nothing exciting or that interesting. I'm still looking into a regular Macbook though. This Macbook Air doesn't interest me nor does anything else(except for the iphone update).

Any idea when the next update to the Macbooks will be?

Well the Macbooks have recently had an upgrade (the black one, faster cpu). The MacBook Pro has had an upgrade last June (Santa Rosa chipset). My guess is they will upgrade silently in the next few months, probably an new processor family...

MacBook air is very expensive, but there are a lot of people that will buy it nevertheless. It does look sexy as hell...

The Macbook Air is a sidestep rather than a step forward. Very high price tag, no optical drive or ethernet, and no replaceable battery. It doesn't look very durable either. I just don't see a reason for having a laptop that thin when many much lower priced and more powerful laptops are small enough to travel with easily.

Back