Massive 3d Wip!

did a hl2 hud... with transparant grey-brown boxes behind the numbers and text so you can see the ground/walls thru it...

the text isnt great but... i only spent a few minutes doing it...

i tried posting with the psd but i cant post those... ill have to email it oyu tim...

send me a PM and ill email it!

TheRook
:afro:

May I have the basic walls structure so I could do the railings?

chain link fence so far:

fence06.jpg

oh and tim did you get my email?

I need a texture for my barrel, and if u ask nicely i might have another shot at that ant lion....I'm feeling brave ;)

Sorry guys, i've been gone all day... it was raining for the first time in a few weeks if not months, so how could I pass up the opportunity at mud football :p. I'll get to all of the things you guys have requested after dinner, and btw I got your email of the HUD, but the PSD was all corrupted. Try sending it via normal email.

[email protected]

and stone, pleassssssssse try to do the ant lion again... we believe in you!!

btw switch, that fence is nice... and thanks for those textures Ti. Did you make all of those yourself? They look great.

stone heres a barrel texture for you...

i hope this is what your after...

(i dunno what you have to do to fit em on...

this gives you a top and bottom circle and a long bit you can "wrap" round it... i guess thats how you do it...

TheRook

p.s hope you like it!
p.p.s i know its poor quality it didnt take me long to do...

doh sry bout that... heres the image!

oh i can email it you as a psd file if you want it...

just cant post psd files on the forum!

therook

i tried doing a barrel texture, but it seemed to **** up when i applied it to a cylinder and added shadows :/

barrel03.jpg

edit: nvm, TheRook has done one for you

hey guys. ive been in these forums for a long time now but ive just kinda keept to myself because i havent really seen much to do. but now i saw this and i really want to help. ive worked on mod teams before as a modeler ( i dont know if u guys ever heard of it but i was on the digital paintball team http://www.digitalpaintball.net/ ) i made about 3/4 of those models theres. if theres anything u guys want me to do just tell me and ill give it a shot. i havent modeled in awhile and i need something to do to i guess kinda keep me into it. im not much of a atrist sorry guys but ill do anything else.

hey switch, the reason your texture 'looks funny' is because it isn't seemless. Send the the file for the barrel texture in an email or post it up here in a zip file and I'll fix it for you. By the way, digital paintball rocked. And if you want to do a model, could you replicate the ? mp5 ? (i don't know guns at all ) that the soldier has in the attached picture? If you feel more ambitious after doing that, feel free to model the soldier too :).

Ti, what format do you want the wall structure in to do the railing?

I checked out that texture, the problem isn't in the texture... but in the application of it. I don't know how to use max or anything but lightwave, but make sure to set the "rap amount" (or whatever it's called in your program) ? to be 100%.

tim did u get the hud email i sent u?

if so is it what u were after?

A little test render, with some tweaks it could look good. Max User :cool:

BarrelsRender.jpg

/me 's jaw drops to the floor
now that it sweet. Nice work

lol thanks... did i said it was a test render? lol well if you like it and you need help just ask and i'll see what i can do, i want to do stuff before i begin my MOD.

Originally posted by Ti133700N
A little test render, with some tweaks it could look good. Max User :cool:

That looks nice but you have to admit that 90% of the work is finding/making the textures which are the only thing that make the scene look good.

:borg:

what does that have to do with anything? it looks good no matter what he did to make it look that way.

Biohazard, exactly who the **** do you think you are claiming you modeled 3/4 of our guns?

Even if you are Jared's brother, you maybe modeled one gun (the autococker)... maybe.

And tell Jared to call me.

That autococker on your site looks nice but you need to put a hinge trigger on it instead.Also put some more markers on there like the angel ir3 or an impy.

I've played with some settings and added the pipes. I know it's just a bunch of textures and polys like BWMASTER would say but... lol :cool: Oh and the textures... well look at those I've posted on page 6.

BarrelsRender2.jpg

Originally posted by BWMASTER
That looks nice but you have to admit that 90% of the work is finding/making the textures which are the only thing that make the scene look good.

:borg:

that's pretty much all this jail scene is though... lol

so he's doing a good job.

sorry bout this guys but this post doesnt belong here...... but i did model most the guns theres, and i got no credit for them. i modeled the autococker, bushmaster, the pt, shocker, i helped with the excaliber, and a couple other things too, even helped with the player model u still use (actually i think both of them) and one of the biggest reasons jared AND me left was cus i got no credit and the mod was going nowhere. and jared cant call u cus hes going to college and actually has a life. sorry bout this guys.

yeah i tried digital paintball but it didnt come with any maps and i didnt want to download them through the server

lol, looking nice. Lets hope u finish it before hl2 is released :p

Well at first I didn't want to recreate the entire jail scene, I was just posting some test renders so you could see what could be done but since you seem interested to see more... lol i'll give it a try and make a little "gameplay" movie just for you guys :)

well hurry up, havent see it all put together yet. im pretty excited about this.

Okay, here is the room layout for the guy who said he would make the hand rail. I exported from LW to 3ds, so i dont know how it will turn out. I can try to export it as something else if need be.

make it so that the rail can be connected when the rooms are added next to eachother. :)

stairs06.jpg

two types of stairs, probably the right one is the best since there will probably be railings added. And it still needs a texture similar to the one in the screen we are working from. Comments and critisism are appreciated.

btw shall we set up an irc channel so we can communicate everything easier, still posting regular updates and stuff on here. what you guys think?

Back