Massive 3d Wip!

Here is a good ref image for stairs, I think this "orange" level is maybe a different part of the jail? Even if it isn't, the architecture(sp?) style would most likely match up with it. These stairs appear to be more like the first set of stairs.

Also, does everyone have AIM? post your SN if you do.

Attachments

• orangelevel.jpg
    orangelevel.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 372
I do believe the 'orange level' *is* the prison, just an earlier build, ie. before the arched ceiling etc.

latest update:
hl2_scene22.jpg

textures and lights were just thrown in there. I've tried to do the geometry as close as i can. Some things need tweaking, or replacing tho.

hey u PLS use brazil to render this! the light would look MUCH better!

its great... but indeed the lights could be better.. and the barrels.. they look a bit different from the other textures

nice job

yeh i'm trying e-light now, its taking ages and not looking too much better, so i've probably got it set up wrong, or maybe it dont work with v-ray

EDIT:yeh as i said i've just dropped the textures in, i've passed it onto Ti133700n to tweak it more, and work on textures and lighting as i am still getting to gripps with good lighting

Looks great! The only thing I notice, and I dont have the pic in front of me now for reference, so I probably am, but you seem to have a few too many doorways

I will be willing to do some rendering and post effects, just drop me a pm or the files! I do have a comercial version of Brazil, and Vray. (yea i bought them!!!)

This is what it looks like for now. Need to fix some textures, change the lightning, add the pipes, the mattresses, the ceiling holes, volume lights effects... and If someone could do the Combine and the Ant Lion.. it would be nice lol

Attachments

• stairsrender.jpg
    stairsrender.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 357
I havent got the image to hand, but are there meant to be tiles on the bottom of the floors?

my pet project has been taken from meeeeeeeee :(.

hehe, its going to be interesting to see all of the different versions that come out. I haven't showed an update of mine in a while. It will be a surprise :).

nope they arent, i'll fix that once Ti133700N passes it back to me tommorow, asumming he doesnt fix it himself by then

EDIT: he cool tim, i was just wondering where you are, i just started lots of stuff myself and then passed it on to Ti133700N for tweaking caus i couldnt contact you because i dont use AIM

haha, switch do you use any program to communicate? also, you can always PM me on here :)

both of those pics i saw of the whole thing together look good, just the lighing is a little off on em. now we just need to see tims. i think from the pics near the begining that his is gona be awesome. keep is up, we have to get it done before sep. 30 (or whatever the release date is now)

Originally posted by -Biohazard
both of those pics i saw of the whole thing together look good, just the lighing is a little off on em. now we just need to see tims. i think from the pics near the begining that his is gona be awesome. keep is up, we have to get it done before sep. 30 (or whatever the release date is now)

hehe here is a little preview of the quality I'm going for on this. I would show you the whole thing together, but I just remembered I don't have a left wall.. rofl.

Also, I have yet to texture the railing, it is just a procedural holding the place of the texture :) Depth of field is also turned on for 'dramtic effect'

And I would place more, but I'm on my way to a doctors appointment, then a study group, then to work on a government project. BUT as soon as I get back, i'll post more.

Attachments

• gate.jpg
    gate.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 332
no you can't temp us like that tim8604... ;(

/me needs to see more.....

Here's a few more, and yes I know the hall extends beyond the end that wall, I just put that there because the stuff behind it is under construction. Also, as I said before, the texture on the rail is temporary, it sucks I know :). Let me know what you think of the other parts though.

edit: lighting is also temporary, let me know how you think the 'sky light' turned out.

Attachments

• newjail.jpg
    newjail.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 292
Wow thats amazing! but imho the skylight is a little bit too light :p

kinda sucks you guys couldnt all work on the same version and that way everyone can be very detailed.

Originally posted by Wraith
kinda sucks you guys couldnt all work on the same version and that way everyone can be very detailed.

That's what I was trying to start but ti and switch went off on their own little tangent :p. I think it'll all work out though. Also it was kind of tough because they were crazy 3ds max users, while I use lightwave. I think it might be kind of cool to see what each of use come up with for the parts of the jail that cannot be seen by the viewer in those 2 screen shots. Keep up the good work switch and ti.

I give up; sorry guys but I just don't have enough time to dedicate to this anymore.. How can I contend with a 2 person job? Good luck switch and ti with your 3ds max version. :)

:(
i dont even think me and ti have done anything since the last update

Yes I did, i'll post the new version tomorrow :) again, if somebody could help me with the combine and the ant lion... it would be apreciated ;-)

Originally posted by tim8604
I give up; sorry guys but I just don't have enough time to dedicate to this anymore.. How can I contend with a 2 person job? Good luck switch and ti with your 3ds max version. ;(

;(, you can't quit......

/me lifts tim8604 back onto his feet.....

come on man, you cant let Ti133700N beat you at your own game...

how bout u put a cruel twist to it take the default ct's and t's from cs and put them in.

could even just put meshsmoothed hl1 enemies in there :eek:

Yea Tim c'mon! your scene was looking so good. I'm sure it would be awesome when finished! Thanks for the help and the wall texture... Ok here we go:
PrisonSceneRender.jpg
The textures are now almost done, I need to add the suspended lights, the stairs, the matresses, put the fence, those minor things... and then i'll play with the lightning... and maybe i'll put some HL1 monsters... What do you think? ;)

looks good, but the buttom wall should go down longer.... and th lightning is still WIP i assume? :)

I hope the lighting is TEMP. cuz its the worst part of the whole image

Back