missing textures?

Jambi

Reaction score
in cs source i get lots of walls and stuff with pink and black boxes instead of what it should be... please help

I get something similar when I minimize the game and then restore it. I believe it's a problem related to ATI cards.

If that isn't what is causing it I advise you re-install the game, and if that doesn't work update your graphics drivers.

-Kom

its a common problem for everyone even nvidia cards when minimizing then restoring it. all you need to do is close css and reopen it then it should be fixed.

The pink and black checkerboard texture is Source's default texture to use when it can't find the texture assigned to the wall. It's annoyingly garish so they can notice and fix missing texture problems.

I don't think the OP is talking about after he minimizes (which I believe tends to erase the textures generated by the cubemaps and replace them with the aforementioned texture, which is why you only see it in reflections).

Your best bet would be to reinstall CS:S, and validate it (you can do this through Steam).

Yes, these are the default textures. A bit ghey aren't they? they should make the de dust 2 walls the default textures.

I just dont know why the textures are missing in the first place? i formatted my pc and re installed and it fixed some of it, some missing textures still remain though

Maybe you shuldmake a different account and access the other account and see what happens eh?!?!?

Yes, these are the default textures. A bit ghey aren't they? they should make the de dust 2 walls the default textures.

pffft

Its that wa\y, so when testing its easy to find out what the bugs are.

:\

Back