ModHQ's Erik Johnson Interview

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
My buddy Al3x over at ModHQ has been given the privilege to interview Valve’s very own Erik Johnson, Project Manager. Erik covers a bit of ground in this interview, discussing the future of Steam and Valve’s upcoming projects for Counter-Strike: Source and Day of Defeat: Source and more.
Q: With Day of Defeat: Source we saw for the first time the much anticipated HDR and most people fell in love at first sight with it. We also know that all future Valve products will include this technology. Are there plans to add HDR in already released products such as Counter-Strike: Source and Half-Life 2 itself? [br]A: Counter-Strike: Source, definitely. We'll be rolling out HDR versions of the maps over time starting very soon. As for Half-Life 2, not in the short term, but possible at some point.
There’s a lot more where that came from. Be sure to read the rest of the interview at ModHQ.

Oooh, CS:S with HDR :O

EDIT : Just read all of it, very good interview and he hits some good points on MOD's.
Great interview :thumbs:

And 2 new maps along with the rest of the CS:S player models, maybe that will shut everyone up for more than 2 seconds.

There are two new maps on the horizon for Counter-Strike: Source, de_nuke, and cs_militia, which will bring the total number of maps we've released to 18. The team has also been busy working on getting the rest of the player models built, which we'll also be releasing soon. November should be a fun month for Counter-Strike: Source fans.

nice :)

I'm glad they're doing cs_militia. That map is awesome. Lets hope they keep the log in the toilet!

de_nuke, and cs_militia

Wow, so happy and all the other models and HDR maps for it, might start from CSS obsesssion again

I hope they bring back the APC to militia.

assult and militia???

Hello, though it is cool that they are going to have some new maps, doesn't anyone think it sux that they still won't make any new maps? I mean the whole game is just recycled maps from years, and I mean years gone by!:flame:
BrainM

efuxer69 said:
Hello, though it is cool that they are going to have some new maps, doesn't anyone think it sux that they still won't make any new maps? I mean the whole game is just recycled maps from years, and I mean years gone by!:flame:
BrainM

Well, it is a port per se.

Sorry posted original message to wrong thread.

Hey I'm a n00b sorry :(

-smash- said:
Well, it is a port per se.
Is this a statement or is this a pun I see? :upstare:
Or is it a compound of both?

(oooh I'm so clever!)
:sleep:

Id rather have bug fixes, for the see-thru boxes e.t.c then new maps and player skins ... even though they are welcome :D cant wait

When it's announced in Steam News about militia and nuke being released, I think there's gonna be whoops of joy going round (although I've played neither)

interesting interview :thumbs:
de_nuke and cs_militia? yayayay!! :)

also, new player models...oh i can't wait for that CS:S update :afro:

Back