Modification News: 12th February

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Umbra Pax news

TK-421, project leader at Stormforge Development has just made me aware of their tactical, futuristic total conversion called Umbra Pax.

The game wll feature multiplayer, singleplayer and co-operative play modes and they have some great looking concepts and ideas. I'm definitely going to be following this one.

A long with these little snippets, they have given HalfLife2.Net exclusive access of their new concept art which can be seen here, and here.

Thank you for posting this and for the kind words Chris.

The armour design is of a light "Scout" by Christopher M. Rubenstahl.
Edwin J. Schuss is the artist behind the vehicle. Its is a Police VTOL
craft.

We are working away behind the scenes getting models done and skinned aswell as tweaking our game design and story.
We are deliberately keeping a lot of information to ourselves. Especially since we are at a very early stage in development and much can (and likely will) change before we get everything locked down.
I can't tell you too much about the story but here is a hint:
What if our moon was knocked out of orbit?

Regards,

Hmmm...... the ships etc.. look kinda like what Corporate Anarchy are doing. If you are looking for players... why not merge with Corporate Anarchy? I mean I am not the clan leader. But we are redrawing are team roaster soon and finally get things organised (mainly not doing anything before we know or have the SDK, because of LOD systems Bump mpping rigging etc... Infact, if u are intrested in a merge. Contact me on msn ([email protected]) even if your not intrested. I still like to follow all the cyber punk mods and I am part of 2 of the 4 major ones so :p Anyway, even if your not intrested still contact me. I get back about 1pm UK time (I am at six form atm)

You were suppose to be the first mod with pictures linked from the .Dev site.... but... we passworded everything so it didnt work... almost though :)

IchI said:
Hmmm...... the ships etc.. look kinda like what Corporate Anarchy are doing. If you are looking for players... why not merge with Corporate Anarchy? I mean I am not the clan leader. But we are redrawing are team roaster soon and finally get things organised (mainly not doing anything before we know or have the SDK, because of LOD systems Bump mpping rigging etc... Infact, if u are intrested in a merge. Contact me on msn ([email protected]) even if your not intrested. I still like to follow all the cyber punk mods and I am part of 2 of the 4 major ones so :p Anyway, even if your not intrested still contact me. I get back about 1pm UK time (I am at six form atm)

I am not sure why you are talking about players and clans.
A merger with other mod teams is not something that we would consider at this point since we already have a full team.
Also we want to do our own thing and our concept is getting quite extensive as is.
Mixing it up with what another team has been working on would likely hurt more than help.
There are actually plenty of things that can be done without the SDK using the information currently available.

Still thanks for asking. :)

Majestic XII said:
You were suppose to be the first mod with pictures linked from the .Dev site.... but... we passworded everything so it didnt work... almost though

Ahhh maybe next time then. :)

owwwww. I thought u was a very new mod, my mistake. Its just Corporate Anarchy might be wanting to fill in some spaces. We will proberly wait until the SDK is released to fill them. Not sure atm. We are definatly waiting though because most of the information about rigging and character setup etc... are a bit sketchy. Its like I only thought they where 3 LOD systems, but there is actually 7.

Back