Modification News: 17th February

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Entropy Update

The Entropy Mod has been updated with a render of their new pistol model and a large selection of concept art. Check it out here.

Chaos Ops Renders

Some absolutely stunning renders have been made by Short_Fuse for the Chaos Ops mod and you can check them out here. Thanks to HL2Central for the news.

That Entropy Mod sounds very interesting and Chaos Ops mod is coming along very well.
To tell you the truth im looking forward to the mods more than half life 2 TBH.
keep up the good work guys :thumbs:

Yes the Chaos Ops renders look very very nice. But just one thing, their models are at least double the poly counts of the models in HL2 so how are you going to be able to play the game without a super computer?

So far only 2 of our models are over our 3500 poly limit. Which is my M4/M203 show above and another. Everything else is around 3000 polys, we've even compiled them for HL to have a look at them and theres no problems at all.

Mp5 poly count 3000 and M4 standard 3000 with m203 4000.

It's funny in a sad way. As I stumble to the web site of Chaos Ops. Concept art. nothing. But then I find lot's of wepon models. "Look i'm making this mod. Look at all thse pictures of these nice wepons". ? Hellou. (you should see the world war 2 in colour. document. ) Then I remember majority of US men haven't been in military. (young men in general can't understand the true consept of war). DIGITAL Rambos of our time.

"The US Government sets up a secret special operations group dubbed Chaos Ops together with other economoically strong nations and organizations." Please. If you are building "shoot the bad guy" mod. Try to be creative. Like make mod where one tries to infiltrate THE CIA etc. that would be different. reverse the general consepts alltogether. The idea of shooting aliens is less violent than shooting "terrorists".

nonexite said:
It's funny in a sad way. As I stumble to the web site of Chaos Ops. Concept art. nothing. But then I find lot's of wepon models. "Look i'm making this mod. Look at all thse pictures of these nice wepons". ? Hellou. (you should see the world war 2 in colour. document. ) Then I remember majority of US men haven't been in military. (young men in general can't understand the true consept of war). DIGITAL Rambos of our time.

"The US Government sets up a secret special operations group dubbed Chaos Ops together with other economoically strong nations and organizations." Please. If you are building "shoot the bad guy" mod. Try to be creative. Like make mod where one tries to infiltrate THE CIA etc. that would be different. reverse the general consepts alltogether. The idea of shooting aliens is less violent than shooting "terrorists".
Alas trying to get people to use original mod idea's is for the most part a lost cause. Many wont listen or don't understand :( But the upside of that is you wont have to trawl countless sites looking for the good mods, the decent ones will be quite visible in the sea of mediocrity.

Entropy looks like a great mod. The vehicles look cool and have a nice touch imo :)
personally im still eagerly waiting on hl2... :cheese:

Back