MOH Beta Key! Hurry!

Played this and don't understand the hate or comparison to Modern Warfare 2 at all. I don't have Bad Company 2, but from what I played of it, this seems like the less retarded, less bloomy, more fluid infantry combat version of it.

I'm really enjoying this. Yeah, it's another shooter in a contemporary setting, but it does a lot of things better. It's grittier, the sound quality is remarkable and the graphics quality in general is astounding with 16x AA and all the high res textures, certainly blowing MW2 out of the water.

Also, the physics of Frostbite seem all present--simply without as many destructible walls n' stuff, this makes matchmaking and bandwidth overhead a lot easier to deal with. You know, real bullet registration and non-floaty infantry combat.

It's a lot more serious in tone than Modern Warfare 2, straight down to the actual feel of moving your character, which is weightier and gives more of a sense of physical presence. There's no knifing someone from across the map or enormous set of perks to choose from, and the killstreaks don't send choppers in the air that dust off everyone and cause people to ragequit. I actually enjoy the consistency of Marines vs. Taliban, it adds depth next to MW2's "LOL, BRAZILIANS AND RUSSIANS B PISSED OFF N' SHIT." Not that I didn't play the hell out of MW2 for PC, because I did.

This appears to be a playable, competent and refined online shooter with a few bugs and interface quirks. I'm not sure I understand all the griping.

This ^. I only played probably 45 mins of it last night and I think it is an O.K. game. It feels like a good balance between MW2 and BC2. Its not the cluster**** spam that MW2 is but it is clearly evident EA/DICE took a lot of ideas from MW2 and put them in the new MOH. As BHC said, the sound design is just as good as BC2 and the graphics for me are bad since I played it on low settings but I might try to bump it up to medium to see if it is playable.

I'll try and play more later to get a feel for it.

There's nothing noteworthy about this game. It's bland, generic and forgettable.

I like the part where you mention specifics instead of just tossing adjectives around like some form of forum jockey. Who gave you the authority to be so generically critical, hmmmm???!!?

I like the part where you mention specifics instead of just tossing adjectives around like some form of forum jockey. Who gave you the authority to be so generically critical, hmmmm???!!?

Read my other posts if you want specifics. If you like the game, good. More power to you.

I don't. I can't get be any clearer than that.

Back