More evidence that Half-Life 2 may not be delayed!

SpuD

Reaction score
Confirmed: HL2 not delayed!

This comes as a huge relief for the many anxious Half-Life 2 fans.
As stated in a ServerSpy Newsfeed article the rumours of delay aren't completely true.
HomeLan Fed has a report up quoting Amy Farris, PR director at Vivendi Universal as saying "Valve is still working toward the Sept. 30 ship date." Amy said the Half-Life 2 delay news was a "miscommunication"

HomeLan Fed has managed to chat with Ms. Farris over the phone:
"We have now managed to chat with Ms. Farris over the phone who confirmed that Valve is still planning to ship Half-Life 2 on Sept. 30. She also called the previous news on its delay from the other major gaming web sites 'a miscommunication'."

The wording "working towards" may plant doubt in some people's minds but any further speculation is certainly no more than just that. We will just have to wait and see how VALVe progresses.

Err, i know this is similar to Abomination's post. But, this has new info. It actually is confirmed now.
Edit: And i worked hard on this one...

is this reliable?
3dchips-fr has contacted VU's representative in France,and was told HL2 is delayed to 15th Dec.

thats good news, but I'm still not going to believe anything 100% . Until valve or gabe newell has a press release, or soemthing. In my mind, it's still coming out on the 30th.

PHL seems really really sure that it wont come out on Sept. 30, and when I wrote them about it, they said that they couldn't say why. Which is sort of annoying.

Frankly, I wish VU would just shut up, and let Valve speak for themselves or not at all. VU is far too full of itself if it thinks that it sets, or really knows anything about, the release of HL2. Obviously they have to be ready, but it's Valve that will ultimately determine when they are truly done.

3dchips-fr has contacted VU's representative in France,and was told HL2 is delayed to 15th Dec
-----------------------------------
i agree... i won't belive anything till i read it in a release from valve. though as long as they get us the sdk WAY b4 then.. i wouldn't mind too much.

As this isn't totally confirmed, I've changed the title to something more optimistic.

Bottom line: complete and total chaos, and definite evidence of a lack of communication between VALVe and Vivendi. I say that people should stop asking VU and start asking our lovable VALVe.

Originally posted by monoone
i agree... i won't belive anything till i read it in a release from valve. though as long as they get us the sdk WAY b4 then.. i wouldn't mind too much. [/B]

could you tell me how to get a sdk from valve? do I have to pay for that or you must be someone from a game studio to be such lucky?:bounce:

Some HL2 SDKs were given to mod teams of major mods already (DOD NS) I belive, and the general public is supposed to be given them free before the game ships (so says Valve)

edit:

oh and dont forget most (all?) of the mod team of DOD works for Valve so I think really only NS people got it outside of Valve employees...i think.....

well, if you think about it, Gosseman and Cliffe probably got it months before anyone outside of VALVe.

But, back on subject, it's almost safe to say that it will meet release. Vivendi has said so. So everyone can break up and wander home now.

Back