My new CS map!

S

Smokin

A screenshot of my unnamed map, its still a work in progress I am currently testing the map and adding in things that will help gameplay.

Attachments

• map20000.jpg
    map20000.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 426
not too bad at all, needs some decal/texture work tho :) Just keep adding detail, because some of those brushes look mighty plain as of now.

wow thats nice
and i agree what with what u just said
smokin could pm on how u got those shadows and stuff

I cheated a bit by copying the tut skybox and adding it in it has a sunlight entity and thats the light being used. I also agree with you that there need a few more decals but they will come once i finish the layout.

I like the colors used, add some decals and a few props and it looks like youll be ready to go.. as well as some light settings..

Nice work for first map..

I really like the buildings.

What type of map is it? Hostage, bomb?

At the moment its a team deathmatch but i have plans to test both bomb and hostage gametypes and what ever game type best suits the map i will use, or i might just release it in all flavours.

Smokin said:
At the moment its a team deathmatch but i have plans to test both bomb and hostage gametypes and what ever game type best suits the map i will use, or i might just release it in all flavours.

I don't think releasing it in 2 flavours is a good idea.

The map looks very nice, I like the leaves :) When release? Any beta soon, perhaps? Now, possibly? :p

I think that map is very nice when does it come to download??:p

I find this tends to be when someone leaves a server and another joins and the name does not update, as said above alt tabbing out of the game and back updates it, as does a map change which presumably pokes the game into noticing again in some way.

I think shibby was talking about tree leaves on the graond and they are just a decal texture, also you lost me with the alt tabbing stuff did you get the wrong thread.

I will release a beta version in a day or two, it still needs alot of work like props and abit of bsp editing but i am going away for a week and i thought you might want to play it before hand.

mnet674 said:
I find this tends to be when someone leaves a server and another joins and the name does not update, as said above alt tabbing out of the game and back updates it, as does a map change which presumably pokes the game into noticing again in some way.

What are you talking about? You just woke up? :D

Back