New alien discovered?

J

JunkieXL

prowler.jpg

> Prowler

Prowlers are aliens with claws. That's all the info for now.

Taken from halflife2.org.uk

It's been known about since the magazine articles, which had it in.

well i've seen the picture and heard the name prowler but i didnt know they were one and the same so good job informing us who doesnt know everything about HL2

oh yeah I've seen those on the scanned magazines but you know who these reminds me of? the BlackOps from HL :E

look, that creature has a charismatic and stylistic look just like the female assasins had :cheers:

Yea this is form the Mags still a good pic IMO..:cheese:

This sort of creature looks quite horrible! mohaha

Think bout it, you are walking down a dark alley, then suddenly -BANG!!- you see this sucker come closer and closer!! wohah, sounds so good.

Omg what am i doing, i'm ****ing hype.

Originally posted by righte0us
oh yeah I've seen those on the scanned magazines but you know who these reminds me of? the BlackOps from HL :E

look, that creature has a charismatic and stylistic look just like the female assasins had :cheers:

Yeah but this thing doesnt have breasts. Which in my book makes it inferior to the assassins.

is it just me or does it look like it's wearing black nylon stockings? :eek:

I think your right you know.

Maybe its a mutated Famale assassin? who hasnt yet got dressed.

They did speak of an alien/robotic equivalent to the assassins...I'd say this is it. It's got the agile and deadly look, and it's name evokes something similar to the assassins...

-Vert

there gonna be around 40 "new aliens" in the new game.

we have only seen around 12 enemies so far and the full game has aruond 50. I think hl1 only hand 20 so that is sweet.

I don't think that thing is related to BlackOps at all :)

Here is artwork of BlackOps from HL2 by the way, for everyone who didn't see it yet.

http://www.******/weapons/images/sniper.jpg

*EDIT*
note taken :D

I don't think that is an issue anymore...

that was because the magazine scans(or at least the realese of them to the internet) was a breach with the online embargo deal Valve had made...

the magazines wasn't allowed to release any media, before the E3 show, which they did....

I would have thought that it would be removed if that were the case.

they did.

most gaming site that got the scans removed them shortly after because it was in breach with the deal between valve and the magazine publishers...

basically the magz and any media in them were first supposed to be publiced after Valve did their own revealing at the E3...but magazines scans got leaked onto the internet...that's why a couple of them got removed...

but I don't think it's a problem anymore, since E3 is over...

Im pretty sure no magazine publisher will sue anymore. Im pretty sure the deal ended long ago.

There's nothing to suggest that it's even in the game as all we have is concept art, but if it is it looks very human, but also very, not.

Originally posted by Mr.Reak

Here is artwork of BlackOps from HL2 by the way, for everyone who didn't see it yet.

*EDIT*
how many alien, or enemy types we looking at here?

Pictures are fine just don't link to stuff with text.

Munro has spoken...

anywho when gabe was asked about his fav alien he said it was one of the many that we havent seen...i dont want them to release anymore concept art or ss i want the game to be a total surprse...well as total as it can be form now on..:dozey:

Originally posted by Munro
Pictures are fine just don't link to stuff with text.

? does that mean that we can't link to previews? or do you mean scanned articles with text?

*EDIT*

Looks rather like that robot assasin from MGS

fb_ninja.jpg

There was also this toothy butt-faced alien, as well... reminded me SLIGHTLY of a Xenian slave... PC Gamer had a shot of some concept art for an alien, and called it a "sentient ass-cheek." Tee-hee.

*EDIT*

This may be the combine version of the hassassin, but i also read that the original black ops assassins will have some kind of cameo appereance in hl2......

Why would anyone give a ROBOT assasin boobs? What the hell is the point of that? You might as well give it a big goiter on its neck or a beergut.

Good point Apos, hehe.
But remember this is just drawings. If it were models you could be sure they would be in the game, now they are just ideas (of some crazy doctor=)

That is the femme assasin from HL. It was stated on the magazine that it was the concept art for them

Originally posted by PriNcE oF SpAcE
they did.

most gaming site that got the scans removed them shortly after because it was in breach with the deal between valve and the magazine publishers...

basically the magz and any media in them were first supposed to be publiced after Valve did their own revealing at the E3...but magazines scans got leaked onto the internet...that's why a couple of them got removed...

but I don't think it's a problem anymore, since E3 is over...

ermmmm no. sorry but the reason people had to remvoe scanned images from magazines is for the simple fact that it is a breach of copyright laws. The magazines with the screenies were ALWAYS going to be released a few weeks before E3 and they were. its just like nicking a piece of graphical art made by someone and using it on your own site without asking them and possibly putting a link to there site stating that is where you got it from. You cant just use other peoples work without first getting permission. it is illegal. scanning images from a magazine that hasn't even been released properly yet.... only some of the pre-order people had it at the time..... that is gonna make the sales of the magazine go down because the scoop has been lost and no one will have to buy it to see the official images which is what msot people would ahve bought that edition for in the first place.

Kam

PS: Cant wait to see the other aliens :)

Originally posted by Speculator
That is the femme assasin from HL. It was stated on the magazine that it was the concept art for them

Uhm, i remember i read that the original hassassin will have a comeback, (not necessary as an enemy i think) but a robotic version of her will also be featured in hl2....
like i said before...

Back