New Bloom 2015 / HL3 + Source 2 At GDC? (18th Feb 2015) - ValveTime News Round-Up

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
Some Source 2 references are likely to exist at GDC, but I wouldn't expect any kind of major announcement: it's coference directed to game developers, not gamers (like E3 or Gamescom). Source (2) is just an engine, but engine that gamers are REALLY interested in (because of games related with it).

There was reference of Ep3 in Dota 2 and Portal 2, nothing showed up then. Very doubtful anything on HL3 shows up now.

Some Source 2 references are likely to exist at GDC, but I wouldn't expect any kind of major announcement: it's coference directed to game developers, not gamers (like E3 or Gamescom). Source (2) is just an engine, but engine that gamers are REALLY interested in (because of games related with it).
MGSV was announced at gdc.

I don't want to rain on anyones parade here, but you better forget hl3.

I'm feeling pretty confident that Valve will, at best, present the full Black Mesa game in the Source 2 engine. And then there's also hl2 to possibly improve?

Not seeing hl3 hapennig anytime soon. But thats's just my 2 cents...

I don't want to rain on anyones parade here, but you better forget hl3.

I'm feeling pretty confident that Valve will, at best, present the full Black Mesa game in the Source 2 engine. And then there's also hl2 to possibly improve?

Not seeing hl3 hapennig anytime soon. But thats's just my 2 cents...
You know Black Mesa has absolutely nothing to do with Valve, right? Last I heard, Gabe hasn't played it or even considered it.

You know Black Mesa has absolutely nothing to do with Valve, right? Last I heard, Gabe hasn't played it or even considered it.
You know Valve gave their blessing to the Black Mesa team? They are porting the game on newer source engine version and it will be purchasable in the steam. (Yes it will cost money but there will also be a free mod version of it in steam.)

You know Valve gave their blessing to the Black Mesa team? They are porting the game on newer source engine version and it will be purchasable in the steam. (Yes it will cost money but there will also be a free mod version of it in steam.)

^ This...

They allowed the game through Greenlight because it got an extremely high number of positive votes. Portal 2 mods have also gotten through Greenlight via the same system and had a price tag for entry, it doesn't mean Valve has given them a "blessing".

They allowed the game through Greenlight because it got an extremely high number of positive votes. Portal 2 mods have also gotten through Greenlight via the same system and had a price tag for entry, it doesn't mean Valve has given them a "blessing".
If I don't remember wrong, they said on their forums that Valve has given their blessing to them.
http://forums.blackmesasource.com/index.php/Thread/17088-Happy-Birthday-Half-life/
You can't sell these mods (mods like black mesa) without Valves blessing, in Rock Paper Shotgun article they also say Gabe and Valve has given their blessing. :)

how many more times are you going to say "their blessing"?
He seems to think Valve going "Yes, sell this and we'll take a small cut for using our engine" is part of a religious act where Valve bows to the mod creators.

Gabe Newell went on video record a few years ago saying he hadn't played the mod, and neither had Erik Johnson.

If I don't remember wrong, they said on their forums that Valve has given their blessing to them.
They also claimed we stole game content from them and promised to not share it before leaking it anyway, which is and always has been bullshit, so...you know.

He seems to think Valve going "Yes, sell this and we'll take a small cut for using our engine" is part of a religious act where Valve bows to the mod creators.

Gabe Newell went on video record a few years ago saying he hadn't played the mod, and neither had Erik Johnson.

They also claimed we stole game content from them and promised to not share it before leaking it anyway, which is and always has been bullshit, so...you know.
Well that's why you are so negative and impolite. Well sorry if offended you, but you are being ridiculous. You don't have to get mad to me because I like the mod (because it is really well made mod/remake).
And I got nice first impressions of this forum, first thing that happens is staff member getting mad because new user is just trying to give some info (and I think I was being pretty polite, no?). But sorry if this was a hard topic for you, didn't know.

Well that's why you are so negative and impolite. Well sorry if offended you, but you are being ridiculous. You don't have to get mad to me because I like the mod (because it is really well made mod/remake).
And I got nice first impressions of this forum, first thing that happens is staff member getting mad because new user is just trying to give some info (and I think I was being pretty polite, no?). But sorry if this was a hard topic for you, didn't know.
Believe me, I'm not remotely mad about any of this, so stop assuming things. I genuinely couldn't care less about whether you like the mod or hate it.

Yeah I think Nick is just saying don't believe everything you hear. Sometimes content creators like to exaggerate things to generate more buzz.

vt7uR1m.jpg

Back