New Counterstrike: Source Map Released Later This Week

A

Azlan

According to our friends at gamesradar.co.uk, legendary mapmaker Dave Johnston has made a map for PC Gamer UK. Johnston is the maker of arguably the most popular maps in online gaming history, Dust 1 and Dust 2. In an exclusive deal with PC Gamer UK, he's created a map called Dust_PCG that will be released on a disc along with the June issue of PC Gamer UK. [br]</br>This will be Johnston's first map created exclusively for CS:S and it will have bot support for those of you without internet access. [br]</br>He's also included a mapping tutorial to help gamers create their own maps. [br]</br>Pick up a copy at a store near you when it's released sometime later this week. [br]

its so funny how other new mods absolutly pwn cs s nowadays.

keep up the good work mods, topple that giant ;)

Um, this isn't a mod, this is a map...made by the original creator of de_dust and de_dust2.

/me spins finger next to head

polyguns said:

Wha?

This is a map for CS:S.

Hmm.. Looks to be good. I bet it will be everyone's favorite map. It seems as if the man put Dust1 and Dust2 together and came out with a dusty spawn.

Map looks great. Is this for US Pc Gamer or EURO?

Raziel-Jcd said:
Map looks great. Is this for US Pc Gamer or EURO?

I'm guessing it wouldn't matter since you can download it off a server anyways.

When is Valve going to realize that they need to fix all the bugs instead of making tons of new maps?

I was wondering when dave was going to release a new map for source, it's just unfortunate that it's not at all original.

Hopefully it turns out great just like all his other maps.

I've never seen a post that has hurt my brain more than this one.

Laguna said:
When is Valve going to realize that they need to fix all the bugs instead of making tons of new maps?

wtf don't people read?

polyguns said:

lol irony is great

are those the wrong screenshots? It just looks like the others. I know its the same guy but well.. come on, bit of originality wouldn't hurt.

Am I the only person who just sees de_dust with an added car model, an added stack of bricks model and the removel of light in the halls? :)

Duracell said:
Am I the only person who just sees de_dust with an added car model, an added stack of bricks model and the removel of light in the halls? :)
They must be the wrong pics, some early ones from one of the other maps or something.

Duracell said:
nah, pic one looks like the CT spawn but its missing the route to the underpass camping spot.

pic 2 seems to be some elevated area, you can caa an "a" uner it with another ledge beyond the smoke overlooking it, looks like a bridge to me.

pic 3 has mountais or something beyond the tunnel, what it is I dont know but nothing from dust :D

Smigit said:
nah, pic one looks like the CT spawn but its missing the route to the underpass camping spot.

pic 2 seems to be some elevated area, you can caa an "a" uner it with another ledge beyond the smoke overlooking it, looks like a bridge to me.

pic 3 has mountais or something beyond the tunnel, what it is I dont know but nothing from dust :D

You can tell where all the images are from. We have been getting community made dust 'mods' for years - I don't see how this is going to be any different, a few geometrical changes isn't worth the bother.

agree with duracell, unless its tacticaly challenging I Dont see why people would use it (and even then you ll always see people votemaping for crazy maps like Cells2 because theyr bored of Dust)

Oh god of all the people to remake dust why dave :( im surprised he didnt actualy make something slightly interesting knowing the talent he has now.

Mind you im guessing he doesnt have the time to create new content ;) From those screenshots it looks, average.

I love dust maps, hopefully this one will live up to the reputation left by 1 and 2 :D

/me can't wait

It looks like more dust, which is a good thing IMO.

Its pointless to guess at how the map will play based on a couple of screenshots. I'm looking forward to playing it and happy that one of the key counterstrike mappers has begun working on maps for source :)

Yes, most have moved onto other engines naturaly. We need to make narby go for a source level.

Any new levels im all for, just would be nice to see these guys using there talents and explanding the enviroment in css.

Altho from my experiance in mp games people to get very acustomed to themes like dust and aztec! it's just boring to make as a lvel designer :p

2d-chris said:
Altho from my experiance in mp games people to get very acustomed to themes like dust and aztec! it's just boring to make as a lvel designer :p

TRUF.

DaveJ is mr. orginale :(

davej used to be one of the first hlmappers to make stuff with completely customised content

this is dissapointing :(

If this is as good as the first 2 we're in for something special :)

Pericolos0 said:
davej used to be one of the first hlmappers to make stuff with completely customised content

this is dissapointing :(

Macman made the textures for his CS maps as far as I remember :)

Anyway the magazine probebly wanted a dust clone.

Bluestrike said:
Macman made the textures for his CS maps as far as I remember :)

Anyway the magazine probebly wanted a dust clone.
custom content can be made by other people, but he was the one that used it ;)

Here is a link to his blog, with more screenshots of the map.

http://blog.johnsto.co.uk/

Enjoy, I dont know why that wasnt posted in the original news post. Cmon guys get to work!

Now those screens look damn fine...

Looks very nicely done to me. Lets hope it plays as well.

chapel said:
Here is a link to his blog, with more screenshots of the map.

http://blog.johnsto.co.uk/

Enjoy, I dont know why that wasnt posted in the original news post. Cmon guys get to work!
Damn those look good. THey're not clones just same themes. I hate Dust_1, and love Dust_2, so this can go either way!

Wow, its dust with more copied and pasted routes... Congrats.

So how do people that don't get the issue get the map? Will I have to download it from a server with it???

Dust 3? Can't wait for this. Dust 1 & 2 are 2 of the most classic CS maps not least because every CS player knows them like the back of their hands making for some top matches. I like these older maps much better than the newer ones. Some of the newer ones are like bloody mazes! Apart from Compound which I think is one of the most sublime official CS maps out there.

Back