new engie shotgun?

FoeHammerIG

Reaction score
newshotgun.jpg

seen this on the new mac trailer, any thoughts?

We talked about this in the news thread. Someone suggested it looks like a flare attachment. Perhaps the alt fire for the shotgun (with the trade-off of less damage) that the flare can be shot to detect spies.

maybe fires slugs instead of buckshot, so could be a scope.

it is definitely not a flare...it has a small antenna and looks to be some sort electrical gadget/scope

I can think of 3 possibilities:

1) sentry marker secondary fire tags enemy players for a limited time or as long as the engy is able to keep their crosshair on that player(also have a charge up period similar to the scouts sandman). allows for the sentries to fire at the targeted player regardless of who is closer and possible even outside normal range limitations.

2) Weapon jammer charge up like the sandman, secondary fire jams targeted enemy players currently equipped weapon for a limited time, also works on medics medic gun so that they're unable to heal or activate charge(does not interrupt an already deployed charge)(this is what I hope for)

3) Sapper, sapper charge up ala sandman, able to blow off sappers at a distance.

what I hope it is not:

1) flare(spies already have enough counters)

2) some sort of sniper scope that functions ala the ambassador.(boring and unfitting)

We talked about this in the news thread. Someone suggested it looks like a flare attachment. Perhaps the alt fire for the shotgun (with the trade-off of less damage) that the flare can be shot to detect spies.

It could be a laser sight whereby the laser scatters whenever aimed at a invisible spy?

I think it's probably something to do with his buildings, Like Prince said, a sentry marker or something.

While we are on the topic of the Engi update, I thought yesterday it would be awesome if the Engi got some sort of fetching device to fetch metal and dropped weapons. Probably pointless in most situations though.

Back