New Gravity gun

K

kreizi

in benefactors, when Gordon is stripped from all of the weaponry , Gman gives him the new gravity gun - with only difference from old one is the color. Whats the point of that?

nah mate u can pic up organic matter with it and kill peple with primary fire when they are close enough plus you can rip all the computers off the walls

Basically it is an ub3r zero point enery manipulotor killing deviec aka kill stuff pick stuff up unlimited ammo makes your life easy gun :p

1) G-man doesn't give it to him

2) it's the original gravity-gun just transformed by the dark-energy

3) it can pick people up and toos them around and kill them with the primary....the old one could pick up cans...get the difference?

kreizi said:
in benefactors, when Gordon is stripped from all of the weaponry , Gman gives him the new gravity gun - with only difference from old one is the color. Whats the point of that?

Have you even played the game?

Joims said:
nah mate u can pic up organic matter with it and kill peple with primary fire when they are close enough plus you can rip all the computers off the walls

Basically it is an ub3r zero point enery manipulotor killing deviec aka kill stuff pick stuff up unlimited ammo makes your life easy gun :p
Damn... cant wait to use that. I must get pass to the elevator thing in Chapter 1. damn... I hate bugs. :hmph:

I don't think this guy has even played the game... becauseyou discover the major difference between the two grav guns about 10 seconds after you get the blue one when you grab a soldier and throw him 30 feet through the air. Plus, the g-man doesn't give you the gun. So I don't really see the point of this thread. :|

ok , chill out, i have played the game - reason why i figured its a same old grav gun with diff color, was that i never used the old one on soldiers to see the effect, thus i assumed when I got it it has same features. and your right, alyx or eli were talking something modifing the old one a bit, right?

now back to gman thing - I belive he was the only one able to give him that thing, now thatit has been confirmed that this is different gun, then I can also assume it was for purpose to test it probably. why Gman : why would breen take all gordons guns and give him new gravity gun to hunt breen himself down. also the moment when breen captures gordon the gun is taken and breen says something in the line * whats this heh heh * and continues his talk to Gordon! Only person who could've give Gordon the gun was Gman - also it came out it is very effective against Combain soldiers!

the weapon removal field cannot handle the gravity gun so it malfunctions, the combine technology messes up the gravity gun and you get the modified gravity gun...

Of course theres no ruling out that the g-man might have modified things, but i think its unlikely

I cant remember now, have to play again, but i think the old grav gun was taken also, you see it hoovering in the air with others . and if removal field did messed it up - then you should be picking it up, since all was taken away - but it was already in your hands.

kreizi said:
I cant remember now, have to play again, but i think the old grav gun was taken also, you see it hoovering in the air with others . and if removal field did messed it up - then you should be picking it up, since all was taken away - but it was already in your hands.
You see the blue lightning of the removal field zap each of the weapons in turn, and they all disappears. Lastly, it zaps the GravGun but something goes wrong and the Orange changes to Blue. You pick up the Blue GravGun and go off on your merry way, flinging corpses into soldiers etc.

The fact that it moves erratically and shakes in your hands suggests that something indeed malfunctioned while trying to dissipate or teleport it.

Wow, I am surprised how people are so unclear about this.

You're stripped of your weapons. They are all vapourised but because of the technology in the Gravity gun, the machine can't handle it so doesn't vapourise it. Instead, it accidently malfunctions and in some way alters the way the gun works. In this particular event, it boosts its power. It is still the same old Gravity gun, just stronger. When the machine drops it, you can pick it up.

And voila...

Pretty twisted conclusion you've come up with kreizi.

This is just sad. The G-Man? No difference?

We need to preform a standard IQ test when you register here.

Sid Burn said:
Damn... cant wait to use that. I must get pass to the elevator thing in Chapter 1. damn... I hate bugs. :hmph:

Rumors say that pirated versions of the game have scripts that don't work ;)

Well... as we don't know what sort of lifeform the GMan is, we can't say for sure that it's not involved in what happened to the GGun.

One could see this character as an embodied force of balance in the universe, not seeking its own fame, not seeking power... just balance.
Anyway, it is a powerful creature (final scene, anyone ?), that could have altered time and space and given punch to the GGun to reach an ultimate goal.

Man, I think I see the GMan as an embodiement of destiny. :upstare:

The GMan functions as a mysterious device. You can say that he did pretty much whatever you like, but you'll never get conclusive proof that he did it.

Me, I think that the GMan cleans the player character's nose out when we're loading. That's why it takes so long to load.

figge said:
Rumors say that pirated versions of the game have scripts that don't work ;)
Ah I see... no wonder it wont work. well, anyway, I finally found a way to manipulate my single player campaign so I skipped Chapter 5. :naughty:

Me, I think that the GMan cleans the player character's nose out when we're loading. That's why it takes so long to load.
lol... maybe you're right. :naughty:

Well, that was silly. Admiting on some HL2 forums that you own a pirated copy of the game, heck you should go on the steam powered forums and say "I have a pirated version of the game, how can I get past the elevator in the 1st chapter" I'm sure Valve or who ever will understand and make a patch for you :)

Sid Burn said:
Ah I see... no wonder it wont work. well, anyway, I finally found a way to manipulate my single player campaign so I skipped Chapter 5. :naughty:

Shut up dumbass.

kreizi said:
ok , chill out, i have played the game - reason why i figured its a same old grav gun with diff color, was that i never used the old one on soldiers to see the effect, thus i assumed when I got it it has same features. and your right, alyx or eli were talking something modifing the old one a bit, right?

now back to gman thing - I belive he was the only one able to give him that thing, now thatit has been confirmed that this is different gun, then I can also assume it was for purpose to test it probably. why Gman : why would breen take all gordons guns and give him new gravity gun to hunt breen himself down. also the moment when breen captures gordon the gun is taken and breen says something in the line * whats this heh heh * and continues his talk to Gordon! Only person who could've give Gordon the gun was Gman - also it came out it is very effective against Combain soldiers!

1. Spelling, learn it, use it.
2. If you can't notice the diffrence between a killing machine and a utility...Well I guess you are retarded.
3. I'm tired of made up theories by newbs, respect people who understand the story and have been around for a while. Leave the story telling to them.
4. I doubt you even played this game, you probably are some Halo 2 fan boy, being a dumbass here for kicks.
5. If I said every single thing I didn't like about you...This list would go up to 1001.

there is no possible way you could think that the orange and blue gravity guns are alike. The blue one is about twelve thousand times stronger, for starters, even if you didn't try the organic matter thing.

Ravenholm would have been far too easy with the blue gun.

Ennui said:
there is no possible way you could think that the orange and blue gravity guns are alike. The blue one is about twelve thousand times stronger, for starters, even if you didn't try the organic matter thing.

Ravenholm would have been far too easy with the blue gun.
yeah... it can pick up bodies from a far distance and can also lift dead striders!!! :O

CookieCuttah said:
1. Spelling, learn it, use it.
2. If you can't notice the diffrence between a killing machine and a utility...Well I guess you are retarded.
3. I'm tired of made up theories by newbs, respect people who understand the story and have been around for a while. Leave the story telling to them.
4. I doubt you even played this game, you probably are some Halo 2 fan boy, being a dumbass here for kicks.
5. If I said every single thing I didn't like about you...This list would go up to 1001.

You are unfriendly and unkind! if you are tired go to bed-and cut out your hybris towards newbies-you have been one yourself some time ago. Do you think your 3xx comments in this forum make you mr.big? come on! Stay polite or leave. How can You call a person a retard if you dont know him/her?

I don't think that I am better because of my post count, I think I am better because I don't rant on about some made up theory that I formed in my head....There is no way somebody can think the blue and orange gun are alike......There is just no way. He's probably here for kicks, as I said.

Also...Do you ever see me using poor spelling? Even my friends who are new to English do better. It is a lack of respect for the language.
And last of all...Do you think he even played Half-life 1? It is obvious he is just ranting on...I am not being mean, the truth just hurts.

I'm sorry, but i dont udnerstand how you can either think they are the same or how gman gave you it.....

PhaTox said:
You are unfriendly and unkind! if you are tired go to bed-and cut out your hybris towards newbies-you have been one yourself some time ago. Do you think your 3xx comments in this forum make you mr.big? come on! Stay polite or leave. How can You call a person a retard if you dont know him/her?

You're almost as bad as the n00b who started this thread. He clearly hasn't played the game; it's possible that what cookie says about him being a dumbass for kicks is true. I, for one, think he's just a dumbass.

Heh, theories for everyting!
*assuming the gravity gun "uses natural 'force'"
Gravity gun was made for lifting objects and either hurling them or making them gently drop on the ground.
*spoiler (no sh**...)* After you get to the citadel and get the new gravity gun, the scanners that were supposed to DISINTIGRATE the weapons (or simply telelport them) didn't work. The gun, instead, used the scanners to absorb a like encryption so that it may use the same ability. Notice when using primary fire on enemies, how they disintigrate? And maybe the secondary fire just increased in strength because you can pick up them striders (after you kill the one) parts, but if you tried before, you had to use primary to slowly move them.
Theory, if based in a life-like situation. But let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. :)

Back