NEW!! Half-Life live action film - LAMBDA

LambdaFilm

Infected
Reaction score
Hey guys just thought I should start up the hype for our upcoming Sci-Fi movie based of the very popular video game series Half-Life. 'Lambda' centers around Dominic Ryan, a lambda resistance member. The story starts off 7 days before the events of half life 2. I can't give away to many details right now, but it's going to be fantastic!! These are our 3 minimalist posters for the film. If you are interested in helping out with the project, or just want to know more about it. comment on this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 690
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 443
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 445
Got any more details about the film, or what kind of production stage it is currently in? Posters are cool and all, but you haven't really told us how long we might be waiting to see such a film or what kind of budget it is being created on.

What ever happened to that other half life 2 film, the one that had that cool trailer and the V-22 ospreys flying in it? Is this that film?

What ever happened to that other half life 2 film, the one that had that cool trailer and the V-22 ospreys flying in it? Is this that film?
Nope, doesn't look like it.

The film that you're thinking of is called half-life the fall of evolution. No this is a completely new film. Were working within a budget of about 6,000 right now until the Kickstarter page goes up. We're right now getting everything ready for when we shoot. The only other details I can give you is that it starts seven days before the events of half-life 2. And that the character Dominic Ryan plays a pivotal part in the uprising against the combine. We show parts of the half-life universe have never been visited in a short film or gaming mod which include combine factories, a new combine weapon, and etc. We spent months writing the story making sure it fits in with the half-life series timeline and lore. I really think you guys are going like this film actually be able to connect with the characters.

Ok cool, So how come you're making this? Not that I don't like half life 2 films. Is it like a school project or maybe you just have too much freetime? :p

Even though you said "That's all I can say at the moment" (But I might as well try to get some more info...)

How big is your crew? is this like a 4 or 5 guy project or many many people?
How long do you estimate the film to be?
Any chance of seeing familiar half life characters?

Our crew is around 40-50 people, that includes actors, editors, stunt people, etc. and we have people doing VFX from all around the world. We are estimating this film to be around 30-45 minutes, which we will also be doing many BTS video as well once we start filming. To answer your last question.... YES! we have actors lined up to play Alyx, Dr. Breen, Eli. We are also right now trying to get in touch with Lou Grossett, Jr. ( the man who did the voice for the vortigaunts) and see if he'll do the vorts voices.

Sounds very intriguing! Great to see there is a studio with around 50 people, but with only 6000 bucks in the budget, it's pretty obvious you depend on some donations. Though if that doesn't go well, is there any plan B that consists of getting a publisher to help? I don't wan't to see this die, it's never happened before, especially not with 50 people helping the production. ~hype

There is a Plan B but it just requires the film to be put off a while longer to create a FX and raise the money. It will make a Kickstarter page so every bit helps spread the word!

Won't the vort voice be under copyright?

How so? I've never heard of someones voice being a copyright...there voice is essentially part of a person, like there skin color or the hair due, wouldn't that be like copywriting your hairdue or skin? Do comedians who do impressions of well known people have to get permission first to make a voice?

How so? I've never heard of someones voice being a copyright...there voice is essentially part of a person, like there skin color or the hair due, wouldn't that be like copywriting your hairdue or skin? Do comedians who do impressions of well known people have to get permission first to make a voice?
I only say this because Ellen Mclain has stated she has previously asked Valve if it's alright for the GlaDOS voice to be used in community projects on a few occasions etc. Was just curious if it was the same for vorts?

hmmm Interesting, but if thats true and valve said nah don't do, that could have been more of a respect for employer kind of thing rather than legally thing. But man thats super awesome of Ellen Mclain if she was willing to do her voice for other peoples videos and even was so willing to do it that she tried to get permission herself.

hmmm Interesting, but if thats true and valve said nah don't do, that could have been more of a respect for employer kind of thing rather than legally thing. But man thats super awesome of Ellen Mclain if she was willing to do her voice for other peoples videos and even was so willing to do it that she tried to get permission herself.
She certainly did it for the proposal test chamber thing. Valve are usually pretty nice about this kinda thing.

Back