New Life

Wheaties-Of-Doom

Space Core
Reaction score
I've had an account with Valvetime for a little wile, but I thought I should probably introduce myself. On the internets I go by Wheaties-Of-Doom (as in "Shredded Wheaties", the cereal). I enjoy reading (At the moment, Terry Pratchett books), gaming, and getting into long-winded decisions on arbitrary subjects such as:

"Why is there no Portal 3?"

Or

"Do we see the same colours? Or are they different? Would there be any way to find out if we did?"

And the classic:

"Is Half-Life 3 ever going to be released?"

"Do we see the same colours? Or are they different? Would there be any way to find out if we did?"

I wondered about that too but apparently we do, some scientists figured it out.. somehow. although in normal logic there would be no good way to be sure

Hi Wheaties of Doom. Might I say, your username is amazing.

Now let me answer a few questions.

"Why is there no Portal 3?"
A sequel to Portal 2 is unnecessary and would probably add little to the overall series.

"Is Half-Life 3 ever going to be released?"
Yes, eventually.

Is our logo red? If yes, welcome aboard. If you said it was green, get the hell out.

Don't worry. One of these days, ReepBlue, Motanum, and DaMaGepy are going to join forces and create Portal 3. That was probably just a dream I had at some point, but it would be cool. It would also take at least nine years for them to develop.

Is our logo red? If yes, welcome aboard. If you said it was green, get the hell out.

What if he is colorblind? the red may look green if he cant see red. do we not like colorblind people?

Hi Wheaties of Doom. Might I say, your username is amazing.
Why thank you. And yes, I see red. I think...

A sequel to Portal 2 is unnecessary and would probably add little to the overall series.
Perhaps. Although, it would be interesting to find out what happened to Rattman. Think about it, he could replace Chell as a playable character. Plus, given the way the multi-player course "Art Therapy" ended, I want to see GLaDOS turned into a crazy bird lady.

Perhaps. Although, it would be interesting to find out what happened to Rattman. Think about it, he could replace Chell as a playable character. Plus, given the way the multi-player course "Art Therapy" ended, I want to see GLaDOS turned into a crazy bird lady.

I get the impression there is, or was, plans for more co-op DLC, which would be more than fine. As for the comic, the Portal 2 comic pretty much confirms that Rattmann died due to bleeding out after being shot prior to saving Chell. Not to mention Rattmann never took part in any actual test chambers prior to GLaDOS' takeover.

My dreams. They bleed, slowly falling into the infinite void of death, never to be...
Wait, dead?
I thought he got in a stasis pod.

So essentially, his fate is in Valve's hands?

I guess. Personally, I imagine he died, especially given that most of the facility's power was knocked out for the time between Portal and Portal 2. Not to mention that Rattmann personally switched off all the other (remaining) life support pods just to keep Chell alive, which means he likely bled out even if he was in stasis.

Beautiful thread, it managed to rattle a tear free from my dried up ducts.

Back