new mod : dedkopf

SpoBo

Reaction score
Dedkopf
-------

Let me introduce you to a MOD me and iko0n are brainstorming about. We have both seen the E3 movies of Half-Life 2 and are both impressed by the incredible features this game has to offer.

This been said we would like to give you a small sketch of our dedkopf mod. It's not like any other mod you have seen since we will try to have a lot of NPC characters. Don't get me wrong. It'll be a MP mod. It'll just be unlike anything made before.

We believe that it's better to have complicated objectives and a great variety of handlings for your characters (like climbing/rappeling/driving/... . Just imagine. You'll spawn at a small base of opperations together with your team. Just pick out any gun you like from usual equipment like barettas, MP5's, shotguns, anything .. to more futuristic weapons like plasma shields or stuff like that. You hop into a humvee/truck/chopper/whatever and get to a city. Now unlike all other realistic mods that have terrorists battling it out againts a group of elite special forces we believe it would be cooler if you'd play in a private army from some rich monstercompany (like black mesa) instead of the usual (military) army.

Imagine that your team has to recover a small suitcase containing a biochemical formula and bring it back to the base. There will be rioting mob on the streets throwing rocks at you and shooting stuff at your men from time to time. Offcourse this would be too easy so we added another private army that is after the same objective. The final version will contain multiple organisations each with their own arsenal and teams of civilians using sixshooters and sawed off shotguns.

For protectional reasons we do not reveal more from our mod since we think we have some very original ideas and don't like them to be stolen.

We hope you like our ideas and if you have modding experience like moddeling, mapping, designing, texturing, sounds, anything you might find important then just contact us -> [email protected]

Sounds really great!

So you play this as a coop mod? (thats great, cuz i love coop)

I wish you best of luck with the mod!

Nice to see that iko0n got his realistic mod after all :)

Isnt that kinda like CS but CTF ?, 2 teams trying to get a suitcase and take it to thier base ?....

Anyway, kewl idea, good luck with it

well its not just the suitcase :) we'll have lots of objectives offcourse and thx for the good luck héhé we'll need it lol :D

sounds really cool, but i have some questions :>

Originally posted by SpoBo
Offcourse this would be too easy so we added another private army that is after the same objective.

will this be a NPC army?

Originally posted by SpoBo
The final version will contain multiple organisations each with their own arsenal and teams of civilians using sixshooters and sawed off shotguns.

same question here, will the other organisations and civilians be NPCs too? or will there be 2+ human teams fighting?

I got the idea that the playerteam has an objective (like the casethingy) and a CPU controlled army is defending the city/base. You can either just rambo in and kill all or you use stealth to get to the objective.

Is this a new mod maybe? :D

Well there will be 2 teams of real players,
and sometimes 1 or 2 teams of NPC's

there will also be civilians walking around in the city

so the whole thing will be looking realistic (duh ):cheers:

yup that's the idea lol :D I think it'll depend on the map what team is AI controlled and what not.

Originally posted by iko0n
Well there will be 2 teams of real players,
and sometimes 1 or 2 teams of NPC's
there will also be civilians walking around in the city

Wouldn't that become a bit to laggy?

We'll have to see about that :s We'll figure something out lol

Originally posted by Fisheye
Wouldn't that become a bit to laggy?

not if you have a huge system :)

well no we will see what it gets,
it seems the HL² engine is not askint that much from your system
and when you play hl² singelplayer, there are also a lot of npc's so why not over internet?

Because you comp on its own doesnt have to relay info to other people, and get info back from them to play SP. It may only take a few milliseconds on t'internet, but any more than 130 and lag will become your friend :)

not if they are given specific triggers and variables from the server .. that way they'll do the same thing and not causing lag .. believe me .. we'll figure something out ... anything is possible if its coded.

To be honest knowo one knows if it will lagg, none of us here have played it and havent got a clue on how it will play, so IMO, you shuld start designing your mod when you can see if HL2 can do what you want it to do

Originally posted by simmo2k3
To be honest knowo one knows if it will lagg, none of us here have played it and havent got a clue on how it will play, so IMO, you shuld start designing your mod when you can see if HL2 can do what you want it to do

well I only can agree with 50% on what you say,
it's also a point by modding that you can improve things,
that you create new possibilities,
you have to get past the edges of the HL² engine,
that's modding.

It's the like tuning a car,
you want to make it faster better and nicer,
the same with this.

Back