New Monitor Recommendations

Pulse

Reaction score
Good day all,

I'm currently in the process of buying a new monitor and thought I'd see what you guys would recommend. I'm mainly looking for something 22" LCD and currently have my eyes on this.

So yeah, any suggestions would be welcome.

I'm actually thinking of getting a new monitor myself. Sadly my present one a Samsung 226BW 22" seems to be on the way out (recently it takes a good 2 - 3 minutes to warm up from start up, flickering into life). A common problem due to the capacitors dying it seems, which has kind of put me off buying another Samsung as a result (getting it fixed is hardly worth the cost it seems).

Preferably I'm looking for something with good colour contrast (the 226BW was excellent in that regard) and either 16:10 1920 x 1200 or 16:9 1920 x 1080 as well as a good adjustable stand, and fast response time. Used games/video and occasional graphic work. No need for speakers or extra usbs etc.

Anyone has any recommendations?

Kad

So I went for the iiyama E2210HDS in the end and it's a beast! Absolutely love it. Only slight gripes I have is the stand is a bit cheap and doesn't balance the monitor well so it does have a tendency to wobble from side to side at times if I knock my desk. The fonts are a bit small too and I've been fiddling around with the DPI settings but I haven't managed to find an optimum setting yet.

Any tips on a good DPI setting for a 1920x1080 resolution? Currently set at 98 I think.

I currently use the 25" Hans-G, and besides one that died in the first few hours, it's working out wonderfully. I also have a 22" Hans-G that was my primary for a year and a half, now my secondary. Both are great monitors, look great, and I use them both for gaming. Also, great price.

*EDIT* Oh, you already decided. Oh well, maybe someone else will see this post :p

I'm a firm believer in size over quality. But that's just my opinion.

I'm actually thinking of getting a new monitor myself. Sadly my present one a Samsung 226BW 22" seems to be on the way out (recently it takes a good 2 - 3 minutes to warm up from start up, flickering into life). A common problem due to the capacitors dying it seems, which has kind of put me off buying another Samsung as a result (getting it fixed is hardly worth the cost it seems).

Preferably I'm looking for something with good colour contrast (the 226BW was excellent in that regard) and either 16:10 1920 x 1200 or 16:9 1920 x 1080 as well as a good adjustable stand, and fast response time. Used games/video and occasional graphic work. No need for speakers or extra usbs etc.

Anyone has any recommendations?

Kad

I've had the same issues TWICE with my Samsung, which has already been replaced under warranty once. Will probably not be buying another monitor from them.

I've had the same issues TWICE with my Samsung, which has already been replaced under warranty once. Will probably not be buying another monitor from them.
I would do the same thing if that happened to me. Well, what monitor are you using now? I was wondering about that. You said you have a plasma TV?

I've been happy with my LG 22" for the past few years, model number doesn't really matter they'll have new ones out. But worth checking their range.

Back