New Prototype Trailer (****ing badass)

Look interesting, I'll keep an eye on this one.
So in this game you're like the alien in the thing, that cool.

I saw it and thought, summer 2009?! That's forever away. Then I remembered it is 2009.

Looks like one of those games that you are overpowered to the point of boredom.

Surely the game limits your abilities until you evolve more, in turn making the military progressively harder to deal with as you move through the game..

The guys that made Hulk: Ultimate Destruction also made this. Looking forward to this and Infamous too.

Surely the game limits your abilities until you evolve more, in turn making the military progressively harder to deal with as you move through the game..

It looks like Force Unleashed, overpowered, and probably repetitive gameplay, and tons of hype too.

True, but the same could be said about The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction which is what this is exactly like given the same developers and setting. That turned out pretty god damn awesome.

Stop pissing on everyone's cornflakes.

It's a modest, but fair guess. This happens every time, bunch of people get super hyped for a game release, a few people predict that it will be mediocre, crowd gets angry at said opinion, it ends up being mediocre, people forget about it.

This year was a perfect example of those types of games. It taught me to be cautious about my purchases more than ever.
Force Unleashed, Little Big Planet, Spore, Far Cry 2, Mirror's Edge, etc. (only bought one of these though)

Game looks OK, but...I don't know, I have a feeling it won't live up to a lot of the hype.

Let's hope, though. God knows we need more decent games around here.

Force Unleashed, Little Big Planet, Spore, Far Cry 2, Mirror's Edge, etc. (only bought one of these though)

I dont think half of those game could really be called "mediocre", I think thats just your opinion on these games.

Anyways, I like the look of the trailer. Is there still people surfing???

Well obviously it's an opinion, but I can also say that Star Wars: Phantom Menace was a superb film :p

Looks like a whole new game. And BTW Star Wars: the Phantom Menace was my favorite movie of the whole series. No, i'm not joking.

Let's hope, though. God knows we need more decent games around here.
Are you kidding me? Every time I think about the massive amount of badass games that have come out over the last few months alone, I jizz in my pants. Hopefully though this year not everyone will wait to Q4 to release the big guns, godamnit I hate that.:frown:

It'll probably end up a game that many people will like, but I won't. When there's a game set in the city, I automatically compare it to GTA (I loved GTA IV and the previous ones) and I will probably end up disappointed how lifeless the city seems, or how unnatural the physics are (like too light cars etc.).

The concept seems more interesting in Prototype, but I like the art direction in Infamous better.

Looks like a game I'd get bored with after a few hours.

Anyways, I like the look of the trailer. Is there still people surfing???
Yess, and you can punch through guys with your bare hands and use them as shields (I think). I just know there's punching through dude's chests.

The dev's behind this game have earned my trust with there previous work. So I feel this will be a great game. Really it's the only game I'm exited about in 2009. Of course this is because I don't really know what's coming in 09. Aside from Batman: Arkam.

Posts like that make me want to become a Grammar Nazi when I grow up.

Posts like that show you're a real rebel without a cause.

the game sounds a bit like a set of features rather than a game:

open world: check

gnarly powers that allows you to wtfpwn everyone within reach: check

explosions/mayhem: check

story: who cares

what's the use of being able to change into anyone you want if you can literally rips people to shreds by the dozen? it'll be tacked on stealth just for the hell of it. another "feature" to put on the box

sure it'll be mindless fun to rip people to shreds in ever more interesting ways however without something to do besides that it'll grow old very fast

The stealth all comes into play when you need to absorb key figures or pose as military/citizens to avoid conflict. Say you're getting your ass kicked by the Nightwatch and you need an immediate help you can duck from sight and absorb a military officer and use him to call in an airstrike. Sometimes you won't be able to go in ripping shit up, especially when you first start out. Changing into/absorbing people is also key to unlocking different parts of his memory in order to dive deeper into the backstory and even teaches the character to drive tanks and pilot helicopters.

The action sequences in the vid look sweet :bounce:

I'm hoping for Crackdown with more shit blowing up and running up buildings.

Back