New source features

V

vertetski

Let us know which features (gameplay- and gfx-wise) you think could add to the counterstrike franchise knowing it is now done in the source engine.

Dynamic shadows:
It won't necessarily be all that easy as jumping behind a crate anymore. If your shadow is projected and still in view, to someone across the other side of the room then I think a few quick bursts of fire into the crate will be enough to clear the threat on the other side.

Dynamic lighting:
Shooting lights out to affect visibility

Physics:
Someone's hiding behind some barrels but won't come out. Throw a HE grenade at them and watch the barrels fly. If the barrels are explosive they may even just kill the camper out right.

Probably loads more.

Chris_D said:
Dynamic shadows:
It won't necessarily be all that easy as jumping behind a crate anymore. If your shadow is projected and still in view, to someone across the other side of the room then I think a few quick bursts of fire into the crate will be enough to clear the threat on the other side.

Dynamic lighting:
Shooting lights out to affect visibility

Physics:
Someone's hiding behind some barrels but won't come out. Throw a HE grenade at them and watch the barrels fly. If the barrels are explosive they may even just kill the camper out right.

Probably loads more.

yes yes, beautiful!!

this is exactly what CS needs!!

i'd like the occasional tracer bullet to add to combat, i dont know about u guys but i get pretty freaked out when i see a red one flying past my face. gives me a sense of my mortality. lol

The only gun I would even consider putting a tracer on would be the M249 (they could get rid of its crosshair and have every other shot use a tracer). It's just not practical on any of the other guns.

I hope you can actually pick up nades from dead bodies, instead of the damn things just disappearing. Not cool. The amount you can carry wouldn't increase, but if you didn't have a HE nade, then you could pick it up. Now wouldn't that just be fantastic?

Picking up nades isn't a gameplay feature in CS now so it might now be implemented unless you can convince the CS community to change.

They don't like change...

Yes well since the cs community these days consist of mostly 13-year olds, I wouldn't hold their opinion too high. You could change cs to be the perfectly balanced team game there ever was, they'd still whine about the fact that the awp was made 0.001% less accurate than before :upstare:

Ansur said:
Yes well since the cs community these days consist of mostly 13-year olds, I wouldn't hold their opinion too high. You could change cs to be the perfectly balanced team game there ever was, they'd still whine about the fact that the awp was made 0.001% less accurate than before :upstare:

I totaly agree with you :)

The Thing said:
Picking up nades isn't a gameplay feature in CS now so it might now be implemented unless you can convince the CS community to change.

They don't like change...
Nades in cs have short fuses, so even if you do pick it up, you'll probably end up losing an arm.

I think he meant picking them up from dead bodies, rather than indeed wasting an arm :)

Ragdolls: :p(part of the physics though..)
On the bridge on aztec ,imagine a shotgun headshot ,sending a ct lifelessly in to the water. :smoking:

samo said:
Ragdolls: :p(part of the physics though..)
On the bridge on aztec ,imagine a shotgun headshot ,sending a ct lifelessly in to the water. :smoking:
what do you mean ,imagine, that was in the video, wasnt it. different gun but same idea.

I loved the water effects. When they first open fire from the bridge, I swear some of the water that splashes up is kinda red, and you see a guy go down. Awesome.

Yea, CS's gameplay is much to fast, and the grenades fuses to short to make picking up grenades workable.

Agree totally with Chris_D, to support these sort of firefights we need more complex maps.

bosox188 said:
I loved the water effects. When they first open fire from the bridge, I swear some of the water that splashes up is kinda red, and you see a guy go down. Awesome.

Yeah, I thought the same thing, as will have many people. I loved the dynamic effects and gunfire sounds, really added something to the game! :cheers:

Scapegoat said:
Yea, CS's gameplay is much to fast, and the grenades fuses to short to make picking up grenades workable.

They mean grenades from dead bodies... right now they only drop their primary weapon when they die and not the grenade

Aphal said:
They mean grenades from dead bodies... right now they only drop their primary weapon when they die and not the grenade
That'd be nice to have, but I seriously doubt they'll change it.

Farfege said:
I hope you can actually pick up nades from dead bodies, instead of the damn things just disappearing. Not cool. The amount you can carry wouldn't increase, but if you didn't have a HE nade, then you could pick it up. Now wouldn't that just be fantastic?

It's in Counter-strike: Condition Zero :dork:

Back