New Steam Feature

T

toddja00

Here's a nifty new feature I stumbbled acrossed on accident.

Attachments

• steampic.jpg
    steampic.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 389
when u start up a game and it sees an old driver it automatically pops up

if you dont see it, then ur all good :)

well think its a bit unnesseary... you can download your own drivers if u want or if you like to keep to normal drivers. It's not something steam should do for you

UnkY said:
well think its a bit unnesseary... you can download your own drivers if u want or if you like to keep to normal drivers. It's not something steam should do for you

SOme people buy computers with graphics cards already in them, and never bother to update the drivers. If this message didnt come up , they would wonder why they crash. This message tells them, so they can fix it. Get it?

I had that come up the other day. I think it's a pretty good idea.

UnkY said:
Did you even look at the pic?

Yeah, that came up after the last update for CS:S.

I was getting that too. But im too lazy to update my drivers, and my CS:S hasn't crashed in days - I played a 5 hour odd game the other day too!

It's a good idea.
Anybody who doesn't want new drivers, is either crazy or computer savvy enough to check off the "do not warn me again" button.

Most customers prabably need that message.

UnkY said:

All it does is tell you your drivers are out of date. it doesn't force you to download them or anything. You can even tell Steam to NOT remind you if you want.

Back