New video, pics, AND magazine!

hool10

Tank
Reaction score
pczone-l4d-cover-jan08.jpg
Please PM me scans if you get PCZONE. TRS has been hard at work putting in the new phong shading and HDR. TBH it's the best use of HDR in any Source game to date. See for yourself here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQkFEJJg9DE Also the scanned images of cornfield are official (and legal):
800x600_CF48F67381C844B9B5526D1D6DC10E56.jpg

800x600_C3C97CDD5C4D10513C3B9E12FCDF4EB5.jpg

800x600_1335EFF7EDC4590480E3E3277D506F01.jpg

800x600_75B0A7C388BE3EA9B56AF795729D3FCC.jpg

800x600_E3BCDDAF4A9F8C2ED76C8A2A85BBF4B5.jpg

800x600_FA6AFB9BD6CF86C9F7C05831F0C83460.jpg

*A preview is also out: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=162927

This game looks fantastic. Will be a nice addition to my multiplayer favorites (CS/TF2).

The 'over 1000 commands recorded' really opened my eyes.
Does this game include the graphics implemented in episode 2? or did they alter the existing?

I take it if they have Prima Guide pre-orders that means they have some kind of release date estimate?

As far as I remember its 04-February
Ah and who will be distributing that? EA?

Well it's the usual Steam/EA thing. Our forum member from L4D4111 "Atari" sent an e-mail to the mag company:
I sent a cheeky email to the nice guy (Jon Blyth) at PC Zone guy that was sent to Valve/wrote the article, asking him if he thinks L4D will be released in Q1. Judging by his reply, I don't think you'll see a release date in this month's mag (make sure you still buy it though, just for their effort).

------------------------
They're being typically Valve about release dates, and won't say anything other than "when it's finished".

I couldn't wheedle anything else out of them, but I think there's a bit of work left to do - the build I played was excellent fun, but you could see it still needed creases ironing out - not to mention the fact they haven't showcased the zombie team as playable characters yet, either. I'm not convinved it'll be Q1, myself.

That said, it's never clever to second guess a Valve release date.

It's a great game though, I'm a bit chuffed to have played it.

Take care,
Log
-----------------------
Also hl2world in their usual awesomeness delivered the goods again: http://www.hl2world.com/bbs/2-vt48764.html?start=15

Anyone know if the music in the video is the ambient music for the game... If so, that's freakin' awesome..

Yeh I read the pages on L4D the other night - interesting stuff.

Cant wait for this game!

Yeah I saw this on bravo a few days ago. It looks so awesome...

Nothing can be more amusing than a British person saying "compadre".

This game is going to be ace, I can't wait till the Zombie Survival Mod team mods this :p

What exactly is the "Witch"?

I'm getting more interested by this game.

left4dead411.com said:
The Witch is the only boss that is almost guaranteed to give someone a bad day. Players cannot control the Witch so this one is AI only. She spends her time writhing on the floor, whimpering in pain until a Survivor gets too close or makes too much noise. In most respects, she looks like a regular Infected, female of course. You won't miss her though, because of her strange, tortured behavior. So no, she doesn't have a pointed hat, magic, or broomstick but she does look like a hag that you may find in some of your darker fairy tales.

When you encounter her, you'll hear her shrieks and moans first. At this point, everyone should shut off their flashlights, start walking and be quiet. If everyone is careful, and you're fortunate enough to avoid any other Infected, you may be able to sneak past the Witch without any trouble. These moments are very intense, as you and your team try to control any zombie threat in the area without alerting the Witch. If you get too close to her, move too quickly, fire your gun, or shine a flashlight on her, you're going to get her attention.

This is very bad. The Witch's primary attack seems to be a melee attack that will drop any Survivor in one hit. She's very quick, so you can bet that she's going to land this on someone. I think that we only managed to destroy the Witch once without losing anybody. Fortunately, she appeared to have a reuse timer on this, like all boss Infected. Her melee still hurts quite a bit and she's packing some serious hit points as well (less than the Tank, it seemed).

That is the witch. If you want to know everything about the game, read this LONG, LONG preview:
http://www.left4dead411.com/left-4-dead-preview-index
It's worth reading if you are interested.

I am already not diggin the forest/cornfield maps, but the urban combat looks awesome

Looks like I'm going to love cornfield. An OPEN area with dozens of zombies coming from all directions? WTF IS THAT? Of course it's going to be good.

This is looking awesome!!! Me and my mates plays Zombie Master all the time, long days, long nights, and we can't wait for this to come out...OMG!!

I wish they would confirm a release date so I can put it on my calander :cheese:

Cornfield is exactly what I've wanted in... well any video game (including flight sims)

I couldn't help but laugh when the guy in the video M?l?e's his team members. :)

Best L4D video is watching the PCG crew fight as survivors, they arent very good at it :p

Back