New wallpaper "HL2-Extruded"

BWMASTER

Reaction score
Haven't made one in a long time so I hope you like this one.

:)

Attachments

• hl2-extruded.jpg
    hl2-extruded.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 456
What happened bmw, this one isn't even all that clean compared to your other ones :-/. Nice job though. Some trash around the edge of the guy.

you might use the pen tool to make a cleaner selection
to much jiffies

Don't really like the current piece, however there's lots of room for change, it has the potential to become a kick-arse abstract piece.

I think my main concern is consistancy, the Half-Life 2 logo throw it right out. Another thing to consider is colour contrast.

Nice design... but I'd suggest different colors... try a black bg with the boxes shades of gray and a dark red or two (leaving the figure white). :)

Originally posted by Snakebyte
Hmmm maybe something more like this:

No offense BWM, but his looks better. The darker colours make the image seem less distorted. Nice work though.

for the assassin:

copy to a channel

gaussian blur a decent amount

audjust levels manually

smooth.

what he said ^

Also, I think its intentional, but the borders on those blocks of colour look strange. :D

Thanks for the comments. While I was making the peice I forgot to zoom in and take a closer look. I used the magic marquee tool to select the assasin in 1 sec so I really didn't spent too much time on that.

From a zoomed out perspective it looked fine to me.

try spending time on it then?
no hard feelings, but i just think theres being posted too much 2min art on this board

on another note
the assasin eeds to be cleaned up, even though it isnt really looking bad, but not WOW.... and those squares are not really doing any good, no making it stylistiq nd simple, but not making it action packed a bang!

thats about it :)

it seems kinda 70's austin powerish to me anyone else think that?

K so your trying to be minimalist with this piece. Problem is, you have the shape of the figure , but its over complicated to match the rest of the other rectangles (what are they representing?).

It comes across to uneven to me, nothing seems to fit. Give it some meaning or a symbol then yeah, or please explain to me what the rectangles represent.

Back