nvidia equivalent

sportz103

Reaction score
Quick question. What is the radeon equivalent of the GeForce FX 5600 128MB. Thanks in advance.

Replace the 5 with a 9 et voila (although i would say the 9600 pro is better, not a literal equivalent)

I just ordered a 9500 Pro from Newegg, From what ive seen it beats the FX5600 in benchmarks, $205.

Thanks for making feel stupid Murray. :eek: but thanks for the help.

Depends on which ultra one talk about. Revision 2 can actually match up and pass the 9500 Pro (and then especially the 9600 Pro), its designed for that. Original Ultra cant.
I still would say which is the fastest until we see the HL2 benchmark... Or indepth DX9 benchmarking.

Edit: oh wait, maybe you just meant normal 5600... 9600 Pro is the best beater I suppose.

I just ordered a 9500 Pro from Newegg, From what ive seen it beats the FX5600 in benchmarks, $205.

Youve been robbed. You can buy it for 130 €. hahaha

I've decided that I'm almost definitely going to buy a new video card. I currently have a GeForce4 ti4200 AGPx8 128MB which is obviously a DX8 card. As it's already a rather adequate card I'd like to upgrade it in two ways. 1) The amount of RAM and 2) From DX8 - DX 9

Now I've looked around for cards within my price range, and as the only decent RADEON card with 256 MB is the 9800 PRO and that's too expensive it has to be a FX card instead. I need it to be less than £150 so it looks as though it'll be a FX5600 256MB. Is this really a good move? Any other suggestions?

Originally posted by Deuteros
Youve been robbed. You can buy it for 130 €. hahaha

Errr SpuD payed that in US, nothing wrong with $205.

To chris_D, They just came out with a 9600 PRO 256mb. Its about $200, search around for it. Just make sure its not the 9600 non pro 256mb.

I can't find any decent British retailers selling it at the moment.

Hmm... Ill try and help find one. If you cant find it i would wait until you can, or buy a 9500 pro if you can find that. If you cant find that get a 9600 pro 128mb.

I want to get a 256mb card. I know there's not really much use for it yet, but eventually there will be so why not?

I'm going to get an extra 768mb of RAM too to bump it up to a GB.

Well theres use for it on a mid-end card with 256mb. Your best bet is to wait until you can find a retailer in the UK or that ships internationally.

If I increase my budget slightly, what should I get that's better than a 9600 PRO 256mb? I don't mind if it's nvidia or ati.

**** it, I might just have to save up and get the Radeon 9800 Pro 256mb :p

Back