Official Site Finally Updated

Sashswash

Reaction score
Check out the news section on half-life2.com . They've finally updated about the release date! No new news, but it's good to see that Valve finally updated their official site :)

Hah, i was just on that site wasting time, didnt even notice any changes!

The Company confirmed that Half-Life 2, developed by Valve Software, has gone gold with a planned retail street date of November 16, 2004.
-Half-Life2.com

thought i'd point that out....seemingly by this statement, anything could happen.

cadaveca said:
-Half-Life2.com

thought i'd point that out....seemingly by this statement, anything could happen.

Eternal pessimist to the end, cadaveca?

I would like to say I knew they would wait for a "holiday" release so they make more money. I find that appauling.

wonkers said:
I would like to say I knew they would wait for a "holiday" release so they make more money. I find that appauling.

Why is that so appauling? It's the reason they made the game -- to make money. They need to maximize their profits to make their publisher happy, as well as increase profits for the team. Capitalism works that way. I'm thankful Valve is as good to their fans as they are. They've got a bad track record, but I'm willing to give them the next two releases to 'prove themselves'. Hopefully they break this late-release trend.

that happened two days ago.. or was it yesterday? anyway, it's old 8)

cadaveca said:
actually, i was kinda hoping that meant it might be out SOONER.
Hehehe, maybe Shuzer is the pessimist.
:p

Well it would be nice for them to choose {for the community} or just say {for the f-ing money baby}.

Or say {we make games we wanna play ourselves and get paid to do it}

vegeta897 said:
Hehehe, maybe Shuzer is the pessimist.
:p

Shuzer? pessimist? pssshh..nahhh
okay seriously, u haven't been hanging out Mr. Redundant and myself u think Shuzer is a pessimist :p

Burning Fish said:
Did anyone ever receive any of the newsletters where you could sign up for?
Yeah..

Has anyone subscribed? Anything good in 'em?

wonkers said:
So the game is released in november (aka Q4 2004, aka the holiday season) and you automatically assume they delayed the game? I guess then you think the game has been completed for a while, right? It's just been sitting on gabe's desk for 2, 3, 6 months? Erik Johnson and all the others who have been interviewed recently have been blatently lying out their asses about the RC's getting sent and re-sent to VU? Give me a break.

People will complain about anything! :rolleyes:

Back