OHH MY GOD! (Huge spoilers)

Anyone heard of this thing called the "Philadelphia Experiment"? Borealis just sounded a bit familiar when it was being described.

When the G-man whispered to Alyx, "Tell your dad this: prepare for unforseen
consequences" I knew it was Eli to die. But, it did remind me off the Black Mesa test chamber. Truly awesome game that.

Ive heard of some more forces being at work,at what are they aiming at??

I was actually saddened by the ending scene. It's crazy how Episode 2 bitched the emotions out of me.

Mossman was hoping to recover that portal code when she was "working" for Breen and the Combine. That was the whole point of her being in Breen's office and turning Eli in.

Are you sure? I don't think so.

Truely remarkable piece of gaming that is worthy of top spots in the hall of fame NEVER been so immersed with a game and felt a strong sense purpose in my actions. The action scenes were nothing short of genious and the final push by the Striders in the White Forest offensive was so intense I remember yelling my arse off as I rampaged right under a Striders legs, taking out two Hunters before pulling 180 turn to face the Strider and finish the job off :D

I knew Eli was the one to be killed, but never expected it to be like THAT. I felt the sort of the rage I only experiance when losing on Pro Evo as I helplessly looked upon Eli being savaged but Alyx breaking down atop of Eli's lifeless body almost brought a tear to my eye. Truely Flawless. Not to mention it took me around 8 hours to complete on hard on a first play through, so im fully satisfyed in every sense of the word ^^

Now its obvious to me that the G-Man (there is a sighting of him btw, the bridge you first see your car, he is walking left across out of view) is the guy pulling the strings in this saga. It is only obvious he wanted Alyx safely excorted to the White Forest to witness Eli's death, as I see no other reason why else he would have wanted her there. As people have mentioned, this very well may be to use he vengence nature to bring down the Borealis, how this helps the G-Man, as he seems to be on know ones side, is another matter though.

I can wait to see how Eli's death will affect Alyx's personality now and what contribution this will have to the story. BRING ON EP3! :D

We'll also see how the other's personalities will be effected too, such as Mossman (if she's still alive) Kleiner, Barney and the others.

Speaking of Barney, where is he?

Boy... what a way to go, getting skull sucked clean by an alien wingwang.

The strangest thing for me was that i was less interested in Eli getting juiced and more interested in whether Alyx would turn away and shut her eyes as Eli told her to.

Stupid girl, doesn't listen.

Boy... what a way to go, getting skull sucked clean by an alien wingwang.

The strangest thing for me was that i was less interested in Eli getting juiced and more interested in whether Alyx would turn away and shut her eyes as Eli told her to.

Stupid girl, doesn't listen.
Funny you should say that, I turned to Alyx hoping she would close her eyes too.

One of the Blue prints of the Borealis, it has GLaDOS on the bottom, I wonder if we will fight GLaDOS in EP3.

The plans could have been formulated when GLADOS was just a disk operating system, before the genetic components were added to her.

I doubt Glados will have any further part in the Halflife cannon.

Amazing ending. Don't know who couldn't be sucked in by that. Like always Valve raises the bar yet again, maybe 2 notches this time.

Meant to add: that if Eli didn't give me a little bit of info about our previously interrupted conversation I probably would have had a heart attack. Cliff hangers like that blow.

Wow. Just wow. Not much else I can say.

But how many people know about G-man, other then Gordon?

That scientist at Black Mesa, Odessa Cubbage, Breen, and now Eli.

Valve always pulls it off somehow!

But what happened to Barney? He just vanished! No one ever mentions him again.

Barney is probably going to show up in Episode 3....i doubt valve will just make him disappear without a proper death scene if he actually died. He is too big of a character.

I thought it was awesome, and I kind of want to play as adviser for a level or two so I can stab other people in the head and consume their brains.

barney had been fighting combine for a week straight, keeping the rebellion propped up in gordon's absence. that's pretty impressive. perhaps he's been abducted by gman as another possible investment?

God I hope not...Id prefer to think he headed North to go find Mossman!

Totally called Eli geting whacked. Boosh!
But seriusly, what was up with Alyx hanging from the bridge?

Totally called Eli geting whacked. Boosh!
But seriusly, what was up with Alyx hanging from the bridge?
They removed it. According to the Commentary, she was hanging from the Bridge at the beginning (which the player started on at one point). They were never 100% happy that Consistantly super-agile Alyx would get hurt in such a way, and about the same time they were concerned that they didn't yet have a good enough introductory scene for the Hunter... so they invented the Hunter-hurts Alyx scenario instead. Rounds off the Hunter experience better too, because Alyx clearly holds a grudge when she first meets them, as opposed to just wondering what the hell they are.

Not surprising to see it go, even though it was arguably the key scene of the original trailer, but I suspect its eventual removal made Valve decide against putting trailers in future installments. After all, loads of other stuff has evolved since that trailer. You wouldn't expect people to moan that the graphics technology has become better since then.

When the G-man whispered to Alyx, "Tell your dad this: prepare for unforseen
consequences" I knew it was Eli to die. But, it did remind me off the Black Mesa test chamber. Truly awesome game that.

for anyone that doesnt remember, 'unforseen consequences' is the name of the chapter that immediately proceeds the resonance cascade in halflife.

Not surprising to see it go, even though it was arguably the key scene of the original trailer, but I suspect its eventual removal made Valve decide against putting trailers in future installments. After all, loads of other stuff has evolved since that trailer. You wouldn't expect people to moan that the graphics technology has become better since then.

I actually was kinda expecting a short trailer from Episode Three after the credits. But hey, I hope it doesn't take to many months before some new pics or footage are revealed. Mmm... candy

Well I read a source last night (Ill fetch it if people want) from gamespot I think, where the only info they had on EP3 is that 'It will conlude this story arc at Christmas 2007' or something along those lines, obviously meaning they are aiming to release it by christmas, would make since they have already been working on it a few months now already?

Knowing Valve, that date is doubtful lol.

Especially since in the same paragraph it stated Episode 2 would be out by Christmas 2006. :p

I actually was kinda expecting a short trailer from Episode Three after the credits.
I think the climatic scene was teaser enough really. Emotionally, it propels the player forward because they simply want revenge.

I do fear that there simply isn't much to Episode Three at this point though. They've supposedly done SOME work (Concept art / the helicopter combat solution was supposedly in development for Episode Three), but they probably don't have enough to show and tell.

I'm not sure if I've made it under the wire with this one, but:

Magnusson is the Gman.

Not only did I spend the entire Episode actually responding automatically to most of the things that Alyx said to Gordon, but at that part I was actually angry and sad because I couldn't do anything to save Eli.

Honestly, HL2 has provoked the most powerful emotional responses (other than the usual fear/surprise that games like Doom and FEAR try for) I've ever had from a videogame. I've never cared about vg characters this much.

That is how I feel exactly! Was sitting there stunned after what happened to Eli. He was my favorite character after Alyx since the first game. Then when Alyx was about to get the same fate I was thinking "NO Way!" Good ol Dog beating the s**t out of not only a Strider, but those worms too. (Forgot their name. need a re-play) :)

Awesome game indeed. I have to replay it. I had to play it in stints because of time-issues wich rendered the experience a little chopped up. Most immersive playing experience ever. A few small gripes though.

I would have hoped the end battle would have just been Gordon zipping about a large battle without having to worry about anything besides being killed.
Having to worry about the striders made me feel stressed and I was unable to enjoy all the exploding buildings and explore different tactics. And why didn't dog interveen earlier? He knew something was up. Awesome ending though which left me even more stoked for ep3.

The fact that there was no teaser for ep3 at the end makes me worried. Does that mean they are further behind in developing ep3 compared to previous entries?

Valve keeps making the best games though. Ep2 is just sick.

The ending seemed completely random and thrown in for emotional appeal. I would rather eli die with alot of leadup to the event, not walking straight into a room, being ambushed and having him killed.

I think even how sad that scene was it was completely right. Eli dying protecting his daughter, who already has lost so much.

Can't the Vorts' save Eli like they did with Alyx? I'm not sure if they can restore brains though.

Alyx was not dead.
Eli is dead.

See the difference here? They saved Alyx because she was still alive and mostly in one piece.

Ending of HL2: meh
Ending of Ep1: Whooo
Ending of Ep2: Like a soccer punch to the gut.

Commentary ^_^

I'm not sure if I've made it under the wire with this one, but:

Magnusson is the Gman.

I hope that's a really stale joke. Why do people think that the question "Who is G.man" is answered by something right in there face? Magnusson sounds, looks, and acts NOTHING like G.man.

Besides that, you don't need the spoiler tab, because the thread title says "Spoilers." -.-

:D

*Breath of fresh air*

Good ending, much better ending than EP1. Also a very good game, it felt epic, battles were fun. :D

I'm wondering.. why did the Advisor kill Eli? What did he know that was worth killing him for. Were the Advisors planning to kill everyone at the silo but got interrupted by Dog?

Back