Opposing Force Freezing After Singleplayer start

Reaction score
Just as the title says (I searched for it before registering, but found only other Op4 errors and not this one)

I recently downloaded Opposing Force. It starts up fine and all that, but I click "New Game" and choose a difficulty.

It then says it's loading a local server. It gets to two bars of the progression bar dealy, then freezes. The entire computer doesnt freeze, but I can't get the gamescreen off. I can still hear AIM sounds go off when someone messages me, if I press ALT TAB nothing happens. I tried Alt Control Delete, and it shows the little hourglass for a second, but then changes back to a cursor
The GAME ITSELF is simply frozen, I can move my mouse but nothing happens when I click cancel, etc (it doesnt do the 3d pushed in button effect)
I end up having to reboot my computer.

Now Half Life runs fine, etc. It only does this with Opposing Force. Does anyone know how to fix it? What's the problem? etc.

Thanks in advance for any help!

The Op4 game takes quite a long time to start up.. did on mine anyways... I just let it load for about 5 minutes and then it finally started going again.. don't honestly know why it does it , but it only does it the first time around so it must be trying to update some files or something.

Came back to say thanks! I let it load, although for me it took 2 hours, but finally I'm playing opposing force, thanks a lot.

I've had issues with the game jerking every time an NPC says something. ne1 else had issues like this?

Back