Orange Box Garners 100+ First Place Awards

Ennui

The Freeman
Reaction score
A recent Valve press release states that the Orange Box has been wildly successful (as if we didn't already know), receiving more than fifty Game of the Year awards and fifty craft awards since its release.

March 10, 2008 - The 2007 award season is coming to a close and The Orange Box - the unique multiplatform, multi-game offering from Valve, creators of Half-Life® 2 and Counter-Strike® - has racked up over 100 first place awards, comprised of more than 50 Game of the Year honors plus over 50 craft awards for special achievements in gaming.
Given the unique nature of The Orange Box, which introduces three games in one box, this award tally includes honors for the compilation as well as the individual titles, with PortalTM leading the charge in all categories.
"While some have called it the best value in video game history, Valve took a chance with the product mix in The Orange Box, the game design of Portal, and the art style of Team Fortress 2," said Gabe Newell, president of Valve. "After earning the top review scores of all time on two platforms, becoming a best seller on multiple platforms, and accumulating over 100 awards, that risk has been rewarded by gamers and game critics around the world. We look forward to following up on the success of The Orange Box later this year with the launch of Left 4 Dead on PC and Xbox 360."

I was a news poster before you even popped out of your mother's vagina :p

although at that point you had already managed to register here, which is impressive from inside the womb

I was a news poster before you even popped out of your mother's vagina :p

although at that point you had already managed to register here, which is impressive from inside the womb
was a news poster :hmph:

Hey, I'm a jack of all trades by this point.

If you can make it to my car in America all the way from Kuwait in time for nightfall in about three hours I will be extremely impressed and not mind you causing it to explode.

That has to be a record! Can someone confirm? I mean Half-Life did more then 50, Half-Life 2 did 30+ this is doing 100!

I've a strange feeling they are counting in the 30+ half-life 2 did originally, which is kind of pushing it a bit. I worry that Valve like to publicly pat themselves on the back a little too much upon occasion. :dozey:

I've a strange feeling they are counting in the 30+ half-life 2 did originally, which is kind of pushing it a bit. I worry that Valve like to publicly pat themselves on the back a little too much upon occasion. :dozey:

Even if it does include it which i think it does. I pride them for doing what they do. They have all the right in the world to pat themselves all they want.

Even if it does include it which i think it does. I pride them for doing what they do. They have all the right in the world to pat themselves all they want.

And WHERE they want to. :naughty:

Always nice to hear of Valve's success.
Keep the great games coming guys.:)

As long as they keep pumping out great games they can pat themselves on the back as much as they want for all I care, it's when companies produce crap and pat themselves on the back for it that you have to worry.

Or make ridiculous statements to hide their shame.

Valve certainly deserve everything they've had so far. I hope they can only keep it up. They're possibly the only game developer that I've been thoroughly impressed with continuously.

Back