PC Requirements...

R

Reverend CPU

Yeah, I know the game isn't out yet, but I just thought I'd get some opinions. I've got a PIII 800Mhz CPU w/ 256MB SDRAM, and a GeForce 2 MX400, who here thinks my PC can run HL2 without self-destructing?

Your cpu should be able to handle it. Valve has announced that HL2's engine will have the ability to scale doen to a 700mhz 128mb ram 32mb vid card and still run pretty smoothly

keepin it real

youve got a few months, if money allows i suggest upgrading to at least a 1.4 ghz or so with 512 corsair ddr ram and a radeon 9500pro or whatever the equivalent for nVidia is.....

unless you are happy with your choppy slow min specs....which if i had no money would be

The comp gamespy ran had a 128mb vid card I think I read. And according to them, it ran niiiice.

Geez, you should just build your own computer from the ground up... I built mine like a year ago... If I remember correctly the specs are: AMD Athlon XP 1800+, GeForce 4 MX 420 64mb, 512mb ram, 120gb hardrive, 16x cd drive, sound blaster pci 512, Asus A7V266 motherboard... And it only cost me around $1000. You can easily build a system that meets the recommended requirements for around the same amount of money today. Whatever happens, good luck :thumbs:

Biggest thing people need to know is that the specs are for single player only on the box..

Multiplayer you will need at least a 2ghz system with a minimum of ti4200 probably to run at 40fps.

Multiplayer play requires 10x more speed from your hardware than singleplayer.

good call, but that depends on the quality plus what actual video mode you are running off of.....my guess is you can still run shit, just better shit than what you ran in single player, a la my previous post

I posted some info about this subject in help if anyone wants to read up on it.

i'm gonna upgrade from celeron 455mhz+16mb ati rage to 1.8 ghz+64 mb ati radeon 7500

new mobo baby!

My computer is like yours its a p800mhz 389 megs of ram same video card. When i get 452 usd im upgrading to an anthlon xp 1.5ghz ati radeon 8500 le 512 megs of pc 2100 ram and leadteks nforce 2 pro board. Built it at new egg.

Ati is releaseing way too many cards to combat nvidia, they dont need to release a new card each time nivida does something. I dont think the avg gamer can afford anything higher then 100 bucks on a V card.

1.4 GHZ Intel Celeron
256 Ram
40GB HD
Ati Radeon 7000 64 MB

u think it will run fine??

I think it would but you could always get a new graphics card if you want more effects imo.

Back