Portal on zDoom

Sloth

Tank
Reaction score
Tired of waiting for Portal? Try this as an alternitave.[br]<a
Image Here
[br]Inspired by the Portal demo videos this, Doom 'wad' features a handfull of small Portal styled puzzles.

For those of you familiar with the use of zDoom mods go here

Otherwise you can use these applications to let your trigger finger start shooting portals;[br]
zDoom {Engine}:
[br]
zDoom Launcher {frontend}
[br]
freeDOOM - iwad {game}
[br]
Portal Mod
[br]
Enjoy this early version of Portal!

Downloading.

Going to post what i think after i play.

Yer, the game is a bit wierd due to Doom not being built for a mouse, but its a fun thing to get oneself into the Portal mindframe. Sometimes the portals glitch but hell - its good fun for a while...

Looks interesting, do the portals just act as teleporters... or can you actually see inside them?

Nah, just teleports... I doubt doom could handle being able to look through them - no matter how much it was modded.

Although I assumed everybody would be ok with working out how the programs work, i'll post it anyway.

1.Download everything
2.Unzip zDoom
3.Unzip zdoomlauncher into same folder
4.Unzip freeDOOM and portal into a subdirectory
5***n Zdoomlauncher, add the engine and iwad and the "poralm" & "portalw" packs
6***n the portal map using the launcher.

Rather... pointless in the Doom engine. It's much for fun playing custom maps in Narbacular Drop.

My friend made this :)
Not played it myself, he's always modding doom though :p

have any of you guys finished the map ?. i get to this one spot where theres a button that doesnt seem to do anything :S .

download the zdoom engine , freedom and portal unzip them into the same folder then edit the zdoom-Administrator.ini file to autoload the portalm and portalg wad packs by adding this in
[Doom.AutoLoad]
Path=C:\ZDOOM\portalg.wad
Path=C:\ZDOOM\portalm.wad
adjust the paths appropriately.
edit: nvm about the button i finished the demo it was a lot of fun.

Well, if you have UT2004, there's a mutator that works exactly like the weapon in Portal:clicky. You can even see through the exit portal in realtime.

Back