PowerPlay HL2 Release Date Shot Down

Homie

Reaction score
rec at http://www.hl2fallout.com said:
Australia's PC PowerPlay recently stated that HL2 was indeed done, and that it would be on sale September 22nd. Planet Half-Life are now reporting that PCPP have admitted to this statement being incorrect in a post on their very own forums.

Doug Lombardi (Valve Software) had this to say...

I believe the editors of that magazine took a guess when they went to press.

Rest assured, either Gabe or I (or both) will be sending up flares when HL2 is done.

Cheers

Are you suprised? Time and time again, fan forums are filled with posts bearing news that a certain retailer or publication has an updated release date for Half-Life 2. Time and time again, people are reminded that often these retailers and publications know as little as us; the fans, about the actual release date.
. .

you think they'll use this gun

weap_gl.jpg

This is a strange place to post this. But the post has been mentioned before.

EDIT: and now it's been moved. The mods are quick.

Copying and pasting news posts is a cool trick.

arghh took a guess? THEY SAID THAT HL2 WILL BE RELEASED THIS SUMMER AND IN SEPTEMBER THE SUMMER TIME ENDS.

P.S sorry for caps just had to say it ;)

Homie, don't just copy and paste news posts from other sites without saying who the source is :|
I've edited your post.

Sorry Mr Bond.

Maybe it's just me, but I was under the impression that is was the magazine that would be on sale Sept 22nd, not the actual game.

Well, I can't say I'm surprised. But I am disappointed :|

Yes, if you actually read the magazine page, it says, and I'm quoting from my copy of the magazine, "PCPP #105 on sale Sept 22".

A lot of people have gotten the wrong impression, and thought that they were saying that HL2 was going to be relesed on the 22nd.

The release date will not be announced only on the back page of one Australian magazine. Fact.

Chris_D said:
The release date will not be announced only on the back page of one Australian magazine. Fact.

Yes, after the last "gaben" fiasco they made it clear that the announcement would appear all over the hl2 websites. But still, I hoped that this magazine had a preview or some big news to share on the 22th.

Well, now they say they think they'll have the review in the month after, ie: October. They said so on their own forums.

Like anyone is going to wait for a review before buying this game anyway...

The guy that took that pic of the mag posted it in this very forum, and he said that that was to realease date OF THE MAGAZINE. What probably happened is some n00b looked at the pic without reading the whole thread and then went and posted it at 10 other sites saying it was the games release date.

PC PowerPlay would have to be the worst Australian PC gaming magazine. It's isn't any wonder they did that, there magazine is full of errors, and the writers seem like little kids trying to act like adults by either jumping on the band wagon of every other review that has come out or trashing a good game because it goes agains every other review out. So i stopped buying it, and that was a year and a half ago.
Still maybe i'll be proven wrong and they may get something right for once, Sept 22 is just under 3 weeks away.

Who ever assumed the game was going to be released on the 22nd? It would make sense that, that is the magazine date. Besides, they already said the review won't be in that issue but in the next one.

Why everything has to be fake these days....;(

Back