Presidential hopeful Michelle Bachmann: Hurriacane Irene is god angry at gov spending

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
Michelle Bachmann: the earthquake and hurricanes were messages from God telling americans to cut spending:

“I don’t know how much God has to do to get the attention of the politicians. We’ve had an earthquake; we’ve had a hurricane. He said, ‘Are you going to start listening to me here?’ Listen to the American people because the American people are roaring right now. They know government is on a morbid obesity diet and we’ve got to rein in the spending.”

http://www.thenation.com/blog/16301...s-i-dont-know-how-much-god-has-do-get-attenti

god must be retarded then because responding to natural disaster increases spending

He also must have been super pissed about what the republicans were doing during Bush's presidency.

killing infidels is doing god's glorious work

also according to glenn beck the hurricane is a blessing from the loooooOOOord

Beck has long urged his fans to stockpile food in their homes in anticipation of a global food disruption. He said Irene should be construed as a divine warning for those who have ignored that advice.

Glenn Beck said:
How many warnings do you think you’re going to get, and how many warnings do you deserve? This hurricane that is coming thorough the East Coast, for anyone who’s in the East Coast and has been listening to me say ‘Food storage!’ ‘Be prepared!’

… If you’ve waited, this hurricane is a blessing. It is a blessing. It is God reminding you — as was the earthquake last week — it’s God reminding you you’re not in control. Things can happen. Be prepared and be someone who can help others so when disaster strikes, God forbid, you’re not panicking.

You know, one doesn't want to be alarmist, but sometimes it really seems like we're in a fix where relatively mainstream people - or at least crazies who get mainstream attention - are using natural disasters as omens and indications of divine will. That's some dark ages shit right there.

Don't worry, if one of these nut jobs gets elected president, they'll more than happy to take us back to the dark ages.

You know, one doesn't want to be alarmist, but sometimes it really seems like we're in a fix where relatively mainstream people - or at least crazies who get mainstream attention - are using natural disasters as omens and indications of divine will. That's some dark ages shit right there.

being said by someone who could potentially be the leader of one of the most powerful nations in the world

michele-bachmann-nuts.jpg

Oh please, she doesn't stand a chance in hell of becoming president.

I can't see how a majority of American Christians can't be offended by this. I mean, she takes it upon herself to interpret God's will to blatantly serve her own political purposes. It shouldn't just be the atheists that object to that.

I can't see how a majority of American Christians can't be offended by this. I mean, she takes it upon herself to interpret God's will to blatantly serve her own political purposes. It shouldn't just be the atheists that object to that.

Quite a few people are objecting to it.

It's a scary to think these people have been elected to office.

Shit like this gives me the creeps, yet when other people said the voices in their head made them do it they're deemed insane

****ing hypocrites

And the other Republican candidates are better? Don't you read CptStern's threads? :p

Better than Bachman? They definitely are, with the one exception being Palin if she ever decided to run.

I view Rick Perry and Bachmann as pretty much equals in their insanity and lack of desirability.

Perry is the Devil and Bachmann is the Antichrist. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Bachmann's comments were stupid, but what Glenn Beck said, whether you hate him or not, was twisted out of context by the media. The dude was saying it was good in the sense that it's getting people to be aware and prepared, and helping others to be neighborly. Not "its a blessing we had a disaster"

Its the same way people said "911 brought people together" - they werent saying 911 itself was good.

Hard to consider something a blessing when it kills people. But still, having listened to it, I think he sentiment was somewhat noble, it was just his typical idiotic way of phrasing things that made him sound stupid.

Today the Huffington post posted the most twisted, outright lie about Beck I've seen. Ridiculous.

They claimed he wanted to end the use of the phrase 'African American' as it's ridiculous and prefers 'colored'

When in reality he was saying is it's ridiculous to call blacks in other nations "African Americans" (IE: A Nigerian man in Africa, calling him an African American is ridiculous and shows how out of touch people can be when striving to be PC)

I don't understand why these media outlets are twisting their words so badly rather than just taking them on for their views.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/31/glenn-beck-colored-african-american-black_n_942441.html

If you bother to look up the transcript of his show and read it for yourself you'll see this article is complete bullshit spin.

First off, its the Huffington post, so no shit its a stupid article. Secondly, the only reason they're spinning his words is because they're desperate for something to make an article on, and Beck used to be such a great source until he was ousted from Fox, and they just want a bit of it back. And finally, why are you defending him so adamantly? You don't deny that HE IS crazy do you? I mean yeah, these two things were stupidly out of context, but the dude is ****ing bonkers without a doubt.

Calling all black people "african americans" to avoid offence is absurdly PC, though.

See, I can think that about things.

Today the Huffington post posted the most twisted, outright lie about Beck I've seen. Ridiculous.

They claimed he wanted to end the use of the phrase 'African American' as it's ridiculous and prefers 'colored'

When in reality he was saying is it's ridiculous to call blacks in other nations "African Americans" (IE: A Nigerian man in Africa, calling him an African American is ridiculous and shows how out of touch people can be when striving to be PC)

I don't understand why these media outlets are twisting their words so badly rather than just taking them on for their views.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/31/glenn-beck-colored-african-american-black_n_942441.html

If you bother to look up the transcript of his show and read it for yourself you'll see this article is complete bullshit spin.

glenn beck being accused of twisting someone's words to make them appear as if they're saying somethign they're not in order to boost ratings? you dont say ...oh wait glenn beck is the victem of word twisting this time? OMG THE IRONEY (the extra E is for xtra irony) IS SO THICK IT COULD CHOKE A WHALE. meh who the **** cares he's a loon who has been doing it for years to everyone else. cry me a river

also read the update to the article which is directly below the article

glenn beck being accused of twisting someone's words to make them appear as if they're saying somethign they're not in order to boost ratings? you dont say ...oh wait glenn beck is the victem of word twisting this time? OMG THE IRONEY (the extra E is for xtra irony) IS SO THICK IT COULD CHOKE A WHALE. meh who the **** cares he's a loon who has been doing it for years to everyone else. cry me a river

also read the update to the article which is directly below the article

1121819.jpg

First off, its the Huffington post, so no shit its a stupid article. Secondly, the only reason they're spinning his words is because they're desperate for something to make an article on, and Beck used to be such a great source until he was ousted from Fox, and they just want a bit of it back. And finally, why are you defending him so adamantly? You don't deny that HE IS crazy do you? I mean yeah, these two things were stupidly out of context, but the dude is ****ing bonkers without a doubt.

Trending topics just caught my attention after this thread was posted, and after I read the first Beck article on HuffPo the second one popped up. 2 in a row merited being referenced in this thread for twisting what was said to be negative when it was never intended to nor did it even originally sound that way.

I tend to listen to what people say and judge it individually on its merit. Sometimes I disagree with him strongly, and sometimes I agree very much so. I wouldn't say he's 'crazy' in any sense. I definately don't agree with him 100% but I'd definately say he is maligned far more than anyone else, and has words twisted/only the extreme of what he says is highlighted by the media.

and badHat- according to HuffPo you're a racist then :LOL: You're basically saying the same as Glenn Beck.

ya he's not insane at all

""This president I think has exposed himself over and over again as a guy who has a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture....I'm not saying he doesn't like white people, I'm saying he has a problem. This guy is, I believe, a racist.""

"I don't think we came from monkeys. I think that's ridiculous. I haven't seen a half-monkey, half-person yet."

''So here you have Barack Obama going in and spending the money on embryonic stem cell research. ... Eugenics. In case you don't know what Eugenics led us to: the Final Solution. A master race! A perfect person. ... The stuff that we are facing is absolutely frightening.''

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3J_QLtYqlk

actually he's not insane. right wing america is insane and he's just their ring master

ya he's not insane at all

""This president I think has exposed himself over and over again as a guy who has a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture....I'm not saying he doesn't like white people, I'm saying he has a problem. This guy is, I believe, a racist.""

"There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white." - From 'Dreams of My Father'

'While in college, Obama wrote (he) disapproved of what he called other "half-breeds” who gravitated toward whites instead of blacks. '

[SOURCE: From "From Dreams of My Father" by Barack Hussein Obama, pages-99-100]

“It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.” He added: “I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists.”

Choosing friends based on race is a key indicator.

Now I myself, I don't believe he 'hates whites' but I can definately see where Beck can infer that from the book cited above.

"I don't think we came from monkeys. I think that's ridiculous. I haven't seen a half-monkey, half-person yet."

Not believing in evolution does not mean you are 'insane'

''So here you have Barack Obama going in and spending the money on embryonic stem cell research. ... Eugenics. In case you don't know what Eugenics led us to: the Final Solution. A master race! A perfect person. ... The stuff that we are facing is absolutely frightening.''

There is no need for emryonic stem cell research from aborted babies, when stem cells from other viable sources are now easily available. Margaret Sanger (founding mother of Planned Parenthood) was a huge proponent of eugenics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3J_QLtYqlk

actually he's not insane. right wing america is insane and he's just their ring master [/QUOTE]

At work so cant watch youtubes, can you tell me whats in it?

*sigh* I can't believe I'm doing this.... Bachmann's comment and Becks had two entirely different focuses. Bachmann's was the stupid one who implied that God was angry and sent the distaster to send a message. Beck was simply passing common logic through his religious filter. Mormon's believe in stockpiling food, which isn't a bad idea. Bech was not saying that God sent the hurricane to remind people to stockpile food. Beck was saying that the hurricane served as a message from God to remind people to prepare for such disasters.

Its a minor thing, but you misinterpreted Beck here.

Both Beck and Bachmann are still crazy though.

"There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white." - From 'Dreams of My Father'

'While in college, Obama wrote (he) disapproved of what he called other "half-breeds” who gravitated toward whites instead of blacks. '

[SOURCE: From "From Dreams of My Father" by Barack Hussein Obama, pages-99-100]

how does that prove he has a "deep seated" hatred of whites?

“It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.” He added: “I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists.”

how does this prove he has a deep seated hatred for white people? nowhere does it say the foreign students, feminists, and professors were non white? he doesnt, he's twisting Obama's words to mean that. so exactly as you're accusing the huffington post

Choosing friends based on race is a key indicator.

you dont know that for sure. for example here is one of those feminists. Margot Mifflin

Mifflin holds an M.A. in journalism from New York University and a B.A. in English from Occidental College in Los Angeles, where she was friends with Barack Obama

MargotMifflin.jpg

tumblr_kt9o3kaMQR1qz7t8to1_500.png

one of his roomates played in a country band:

http://www.asleepatthewheel.com/set_story.html

Now I myself, I don't believe he 'hates whites' but I can definately see where Beck can infer that from the book cited above.

because you bought into Beck's idiotic raised eyebrow, lilting speech and contextless quotes to manipulate the easily duped into believing what they already believe; a black man in power obviously hates the white man

Not believing in evolution does not mean you are 'insane'

Dawkins had an interesting take on this:

“When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion."

all rook same to me

There is no need for emryonic stem cell research from aborted babies, when stem cells from other viable sources are now easily available. Margaret Sanger (founding mother of Planned Parenthood) was a huge proponent of eugenics.

ya, so was everyone else:

Sanger was a proponent of negative eugenics, a social philosophy which claims that human hereditary traits can be improved through social intervention. Sanger's eugenic policies included an exclusionary immigration policy, free access to birth control methods and full family planning autonomy for the able-minded, and compulsory segregation or sterilization for the profoundly retarded.[20][21]

Eugenics was widely popular in the early decades of the 20th century

At its peak of popularity eugenics was supported by a wide variety of prominent people, including Winston Churchill,[15] Margaret Sanger,[16][17] Marie Stopes, H. G. Wells, Theodore Roosevelt, George Bernard Shaw, John Maynard Keynes, John Harvey Kellogg, Linus Pauling[18] and Sidney Webb

I guess Churchill had a deep seated hatred for whitey as well

incidentily what does this have to do with Obama? why would you name drop Sanger when we were talking about Obama unless you're twisting it to mean he's supportive of eugenics ..which would counterproductive if he in fact hated whitey

At work so cant watch youtubes, can you tell me whats in it?

insane ramblings punctuated by mock shock, disbelief and raised eyebrows

Just to note, Dreams From My Father is an often self-critical memoir about a boy who grows up in a deeply divided time and in a very troubled position who only eventually learns to negotiate a position and ~*find his path*~ . Taking quotes about how he used to think when he was young, written with (I believe) a critical stance, and using them to justify current claims about racism...well, that's stupid to the extent of seeming deliberate.

Back