problem with cs:s map compiling (hammer)

green eggs

Reaction score
hey guys
having some rather large problems with compiling my map
i will admit that im new to mapping

heres my compile report:
(currently using a third party compile tool, however same problem occurs in hammers compiler, if you do need a hammer compile report just ask)

-------------- Start Compile BSP ----------------
VBSP Started, Please Wait!

VBSP: h:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\chrisstewart131\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\vbsp.exe -game "h:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\chrisstewart131\counter-strike source\cstrike" "H:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\chrisstewart131\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\cs_thirdmap"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Dec 11 2006)
2 threads
materialPath: h:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\chrisstewart131\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials
Loading H:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\chrisstewart131\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\cs_thirdmap.vmf
fixing up env_cubemap materials on brush sides...
Material glass/glasswindowbreak070b is depending on itself through materialvar $crackmaterial! Ignoring...
Material glass/glasswindowbreak070b is depending on itself through materialvar $crackmaterial! Ignoring...
ProcessBlock_Thread: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (1)
ProcessBlock_Thread: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (0)
Processing areas...done (0)
Building Faces...done (0)
FixTjuncs...
PruneNodes...
WriteBSP...
done (1)
writing H:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\chrisstewart131\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\cs_thirdmap.prt...done (0)
Creating default cubemaps for env_cubemap using skybox materials:
skybox/sky_day03_06*.vmt
Run buildcubemaps in the engine to get the correct cube maps.

No such variable "$hdrbasetexture" for material "skybox/sky_day03_06rt"
Can't load skybox file skybox/sky_day03_06 to build the default cubemap!
Finding displacement neighbors...
Finding lightmap sample positions...
Displacement Alpha : 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10
Face List Count >= OVERLAY_BSP_FACE_COUNT

Compile Complete for this module.
VBSP Completed: Wednesday, 30 September 2009, 4:10:26 PM
Abnormal Exit in VBSP ParseLog caught!
Catch: in vbsp_finish!
------------------------

while i play the map in cs:s i get a whole lot of this in the console:
Warning: Vis decompression overrun

im aware that theres another thread with this problem but i followed its advice with no fix

obviously im having some troubles with glass too but i think its irralavant
(any help with that would be appreciated)

heres a screen shot of whats happening

Untitled.jpg

as you can tell its making a lot of my textures invisible and the map overall unplayable

worthy to note also is that the map thats being played is a outdated one and ive done a lot of work on it which isnt shown while playing.

any ideas fellas?

thanks in advance

thanks

i followed a few links from that page and came to a set of 12 optimization videos.

i realised i had alot of optimization work to do..

i also read that in places the geometry was too messed up

thanks for the link

Back