Problem??

Aaron

Reaction score
Ok so i recently bought a new pc.

p4 2.8 ht @ 3.0
1gb cosair pc3200
ati radeon 9800 pro - 128mb (using dx 9.0a - cat 2.6)

Now when i bought the pc i found that 3dmark 2001 was installed so i ran it a few times, and came out with scores of about 16800 each time. So i dlded 3dmark03, ran it and came out with a score of 5740 .. big differece between those scores. So im just wondering is that score normal? or alot lower than it should be.. most of the time i was on 20 fps..

;(

Yes thats a perfectly normal 3DM 03 score, its been designed to last for a couple of years. The tests are gruelling so that new hardware in a year or so can be tested properly

Well i browsed the other results,

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2272 MHz
GPU: ATI RADEON 9800 PRO
399 MHz / 351 MHz

= Got the same score are me. when my cpu is quite a bit faster.

hmm - wondering if theres something wrong with my dx, as when i started it said something about it being the wrong version and some things may not work, but i thought that was just because it was dx9.0a.

Aaron, your computer isn't fast then his, it's slower.

GPU: ATI RADEON 9800 PRO
399 MHz / 351 MHz
That is not standard rates, obviously. Is your 9800 Pro overclocked? Otherwise, the same score isnt much suprising, 2k3 is far less CPU dependant.

Originally posted by dawdler
That is not standard rates, obviously. Is your 9800 Pro overclocked? Otherwise, the same score isnt much suprising, 2k3 is far less CPU dependant.

yeah what he said

Back